Descaling used vortex 777, spinner failure, & softening h2o

Jason

Hello gentlemen...

I recently purchased a used Vortex 777 from someone who ran hard water...

I also just bought a Spinner to clean tile and the v-jets keep getting clogged and it won't do what the spinner is supposed to do. Perhaps I have two challenges here.

I am interested in advice on descaling (if that is the right move and how to do it), and also if anyone has experience of how to get a new spinner going when the jets repeatedly clog.

Advice on what sort of water softner to add is welcome too...

Thanks guys :!:

Mike Draper

Go to your local Brick or Masonry Store, they carry Hydrochloric acid. Nothing is better at eating calcium buildup than Hydrochloric acid. Mix 1/2 gallon acid to 2.5 gallons water in a five gallon bucket. Then cycle this through your machine into a five gallon bucket. In the bucket it will look like a volcano is about to erupt while the acid is descaling your heat exchangers ( this is the calcium/ acid reaction). When the water calms down, your Hx is de-scaled. It will prolly take 4-8 minutes for the full de-scale depending on how bad it is. Could take longer. One thing is your hoses are prolly full of calcium build up, and until the calcium is comletely gone, you will prolly keep getting clogs in your jets. Next you need to get a soft water setup ( around $600-800) John at superior cleaning solutions can hook you up with this...his # is (801)225-0077

Name
Ron lippold
jason glad to see you stepping up. I hope the acid helps your problem. give mea call and let me know what happens.

Jimbo

The tricky part is being able to direct the descale water into the pump from the bucket...some V's had no water box. When I descaled mine I got the proper size hose to fit the intake on the pump...might have been 3/4". then got a filter for the end of that hose so I would not be picking up the same chunks that had just been descaled out...then the filter and 3/4 hose get dropped in the descaling solution in the 5 gal bucket...then I recirculate the descaling juice bypassing the huge water storage tank.

I chose to use Prochems descaling powder...it worked great. Be cautious using hydroflouric acid if that is what you choose...don't forget your eye protection.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jason what style 777 do you have? Round tank or square.

I have the round, do like Jimbo said. If you want to call feel free, be glad to walk you through it, I am on est time.

423-802-0657

Get the prochem descaler it was made just for your problem.

Also call distributor of your choice and get a inline filter for the end of your Solution hose. Keeps crap from reaching the jets in the tool.

Later

Jason

Hi,

I descaled with Muratic acid, and got a reaction, and cleaned a lot...

My spinner worked for awhile, and then got clogged again, so I physically cleaned out the jets and went back to work...

I will try with it again tomorrow, and I will use some of the things mentioned, and get the available filters.

And also get a water softner soon.

Thanks guys! :lol:

I have Vortex with 2 round vacuum tanks...

Jimbo

There are a few other things you might want to do to keep the HEAT coming on your V, Jason...

1)get a gun cleaner for a rifle...I think I got a 38 caliber...with a long flex rod...and get the soot out of your exhaust heat exchanger.

2) Make sure your exhaust diverter is working up to snuff...if you search for exhaust diverter...author Jim Martin...you will find a good article on it.

3) Make sure the filter on the solenoid valve that operates the exhaust diverter is clean

4) Always warm up you unit (V) at full load...operating speed...full vacuum.

5) Make sure you know how to 'burp' your exhaust/Zenetherm heat exchanger system...it's easy after you do it once...Jim

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jason what condition are the hose lines from the pump to regulator in? Depending on the hrs and miles that truck could need new pressure hoses.

How old is your pressure lines to the tool? Sometimes that is the problem.

I would start with replacing any steel braid hose on the machine the go to hose on the reel.

Those filters are a life saver, just clean one filter not a bunch of jets.

You have the same unit I bought 2 yrs ago, mine was a Venturi truck and needed alot of TLC.

Later

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
check all line to and from the cat pump.....most have galvanized ends and they may be breaking down.....

also if you are running the eagle reels on your truck there is a good chance that they are plugged up and the shafts are clogged........

Jason

I will work on some of these leads... thank you guys...

Does anybody know about Jay Walker and John's Custom in Florida ?

I would like to add a few of the new innovations to this 777 if possible, like the modern diverter/temperature controller, and also whatever silencers... or other things that could be improved... I'm getting into this for the long haul so I'd like to be ready... get at least a few years out of this machine before I pick up one of your used 8000s !

My first tile job today with it... WOW!

Have a great weekend everybody........ :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom