Destroyed a carpet with a roto vac

Name
Kevin McCreary
I got a call from a lady we cleaned for last week
claiming we wrecked her 1 yr old nylon carpet.

I went out and looked at it and
the tips of the carpet where fuzzy and you could see
streaks from the rotovac 360 heads that where even
more fuzzy. (yes we did prespray so it had lubrication and final groomed it)

I hardly ever use the rotovac 360, only on nastys.
I was feeling lazy that day and used it anyway.

The 360 was new with their shinny aluminum glide in perfect shape with nothing stuck in it or anything. I always rinse it off before I bring it in.

I just thought I would share this with other 360 owners. I think it over agitated her carpet. We agreed to replace over 2000 square feet of high quality carpet. OUCH!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I never used the 360 but with the original if the screw that holds the head to the handle broke it would be uneven and cut into the carpet

Name
Kevin McCreary
Its like brand new. I think if I want to continue to use it I better call Greenie and get it glided. I'm sure that would never happen glided.

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
What?

Your not using glides.......................................

Guess that makes you a HACK [of course you know you're a hack if you don't do it the right way.]

:lol:

and you know that guy at the top of the page today knows how to handle hacks........................chop...................chop.

Seriously, I wouldn't trust those metal glides on the 360.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Kevin McCreary said:
I think it over agitated her carpet. We agreed to replace over 2000 square feet of high quality carpet. OUCH!

OUCH is right

bummer Kev, that a b1tch

I thought the 360 already had some kind of plastic glide heads??

..l.T.A.

DavidVB

I had a similar problem a few years ago though not with a RV360. We determined that the heat set was very poor on that carpet. It didn't matter though. Fortunately insurance covered the loss.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
How does Chem Dry NOT damage carpet with their RX and metal glides?

A guy from a Lincoln CD showed me his metal holed glides on his RX.

And I thought the 360 already had plastic glides?

charlie brown

360 carpet damage.

The 360 is not a very heavy machine, with the weight being displaced over a fairly good sized surface . Seams unlikely. I would have had the carpet inspected. CB

Name
Kevin McCreary
yeah it was a Frieze 100% nylon. The roto vac 360 I have has
what appears to be polished Aluminum heads with a small smoothed out notch for airflow.

Scott

Been there and done that but with a Steam Way flood jet wand circa 2001 or 2002. Pressure was the problem in our case, even though it was only 500-ish psi.

Queen carpet was the mfr. and they came to our facility to check our process. We showed them side-by-side comparisons with other brands and they left with their tails between their legs due to their weak twist.

Scott

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I've got 4 or 5 customers with that crap and after less than 2 years the traffic lanes look aweful. You can see how the yarns are untwisted in the traffic lanes.

The mill wouldn't replace one guys because he had cleaned it himself with a Rug Dr. and voided the warranty before rug Dr. was approved.

I went to another one recently that was 5 months old and it was all matted down. Looked really bad. An inspector wanted it cleaned before he came and looked at it.

This stuff is sold as a high grade of carpet, made by Shaw and it's junk.

That's too bad that you have to shell out money because the mills are making inferior stuff. You did nothing wrong, and I think I would see about having an inspector look at it too.

TimP

I can tell you I got some of the Shaw frieze or whatever you want to call it. Mine isn't holding up that well either mostly matting down....I can tell you one more thing. If you're in the market for buying wood or a customer is, do not buy the Shaw Epic wood. We have sold 3 jobs, and of those 3 jobs all 3 of them have delaminated. Shaw only wants to replace the wood, and they want us to fork out the cash to cover the labor to pull it up and replace. Our customers understand and are willing to wait for us to battle it out with Shaw. They don't like to cover squat, trust me. They have an excuse for everything, they could get out of almost every claim unless there is something blatantly wrong from the factory. And like with the wood it is blatantly a defect they don't want to do the right thing. They say it was installer error, well when the only 3 times we have a problem with wood and it's theirs it makes you think.

Kevin McCreary said:
I got a call from a lady we cleaned for last week
claiming we wrecked her 1 yr old nylon carpet.

I went out and looked at it and
the tips of the carpet where fuzzy and you could see
streaks from the rotovac 360 heads that where even
more fuzzy. (yes we did prespray so it had lubrication and final groomed it)

I hardly ever use the rotovac 360, only on nastys.
I was feeling lazy that day and used it anyway.

The 360 was new with their shinny aluminum glide in perfect shape with nothing stuck in it or anything. I always rinse it off before I bring it in.

I just thought I would share this with other 360 owners. I think it over agitated her carpet. We agreed to replace over 2000 square feet of high quality carpet. OUCH!

ALUMINUM GLIDE - Thur ya go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom