Dev Dorks, got a question for you

Mikey P

Administrator
Could you ever clean without a window again?

Sapphire UP and RV Shear Dry owners too, could you clean with an opaque tool again?

No f'n way.

I'd trade off the swivel for something as little as the chance to punch Marty in the the throat or a 8x10 glossy of Ladwigs on his Indian (with nuthighs) but the window and all of it's advantages keeps me i the Premium 1%r category..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Once you see how much rinsing it takes to remove prespray residue, you'll go easier on the in line sprayer.

Same on upholstery; I was big on "slop scrubbing" with shampoo boosted with a pharmacy full of oxidizer and citrus solvent until how saw how difficult it was to get all of that out afterward.

Couldn't go back (if I actually worked for a living like you guys do....)

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Once you see how much rinsing it takes to remove prespray residue, you'll go easier on the in line sprayer.

Same on upholstery; I was big on "slop scrubbing" with shampoo boosted with a pharmacy full of oxidizer and citrus solvent until how saw how difficult it was to get all of that out afterward.

Couldn't go back (if I actually worked for a living like you guys do....)
That's why I like going easy on the concentration and heavier on the actual use.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
If takes more than two wet two dry I’m RVing. Dry RV pass then one dry wand pass. That’s my routine. Sticking to it. Don’t care about the windows

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The window isn't that big a deal for me. Sure, I've used it when going over spotting chems to make sure I flush it all out. But I really don't care if there is a window or not. Give it some time and you'll eventually develop the ability to tell when you've reached the pinnacle of extraction with your equipment without a window.

I feel the same way about the sight tube on my Zipper and TRex. Nice to have, but Meh.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Could you ever clean without a window again?

Sapphire UP and RV Shear Dry owners too, could you clean with an opaque tool again?

No f'n way.

I'd trade off the swivel for something as little as the chance to punch Marty in the the throat or a 8x10 glossy of Ladwigs on his Indian (with nuthighs) but the window and all of it's advantages keeps me i the Premium 1%r category..
Nope... Just had a cleaner try my Devastators the other day. I think he was surprised also to see what had been left behind with his Wand

20200630_172448.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
The window isn't that big a deal for me. Sure, I've used it when going over spotting chems to make sure I flush it all out. But I really don't care if there is a window or not. Give it some time and you'll eventually develop the ability to tell when you've reached the pinnacle of extraction with your equipment without a window.

I feel the same way about the sight tube on my Zipper and TRex. Nice to have, but Meh.

Marty and I have seen how fast you rock a wand...

no way you can see whats really happening.

no wonder you need a 6" circumference wrist watch.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I like Marty. Also, I like the swivel because I knock over fewer Hummel figurines per job. The window lets me know when the hotspots are extracted.

Overall I wish I was a trust fund baby and on a yacht near Belize, but the Dev wand is not bad.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I need it badly. Itll help me know when waste tank is full....:eekk: i cant hear it shut off

Reactions: Meter Maid

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I like the window, it's nice to have, but rarely super critical in my experience.

About once a month I'll come across an entry area that doesn't look all that dirty but is rinsing out as pure mud and needs extra cleaning and extracting and would never know it if it wasn't for the window, but really it's pretty rare.

Proper chems, proper dilution, proper application, high end equipment, and proper wand technique make the window rarely necassary in my opinion. Still glad to have it, though.

The swivel on the other hand, I will never clean without.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
ummm

how far have you cleaned without noticing the lack of vacuum?
Right away. I can feel it when when i am wanding. There's no lockdown. Had foam issue today, and felt that as well. Was able to resolve it quickly.

Reactions: Mikey P

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I went back to my old prochem ti wand. New jets and a new glide. Carpets are drying faster and I am missing the window. After twenty six years off cleaning, I am ok without the window or swivel. The prochem ti wand is the ultimate wand. Recovery, weight and lite weight all together. If you have never tried one, you owe it to yourself to try one. It all has to do with the attic design.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
where was the tube Larry?

behind you! :laura:

just like the stupid mullet that no one but you wants to look at and even YOU can't see it.

I cut my teeth on a drag wand w/tube from head to hose
nothing new dude

just cause you're humping it like a dog on a leg doesn't make new.

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I cut my teeth on a drag wand w/tube from head to hose
nothing new dude

just cause you're humping it like a dog on a leg doesn't make new.

..L.T.A.

you used a drag wand in residential?

how many times

you have no clue what its like to offer AND provide a ultra high end finished product to the high end on a regular basis Larry but thank you for your worthless opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: Meter Maid

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you have no clue what its like to offer AND provide a ultra high end finished product to the high end on a regular basis Larry but thank you for your worthless opinion.

LOL....

you're ignorant and don't know it .
all I cleaned was sec 8 and trailer parks....

dude, you're a dumfck ..fo-reel

..LT.A

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm going to get a vinyl wrap done for my devastator wand in fancy elizabethian cursive it's going to read "those that can't do hang drywall"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
That's not possible Charlie, if Larry couldn't use a site tube to provide a better product, no one can.

that's just jibber-jabber gum bumpin, Son

I guess you were a hack for the last 25+ years without a wiNdOw ...cause you were too stoopit to figure out how much flush any particular carpet needed . :headscratch:

damn....that's a shame

I found your anthem

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom