Devastator Filter????

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have one that I used for a couple of weeks and decided to go with the SS CDV filter box. If anyone is looking for one, I will make you a fair deal on an almost new one. 262-352-4724.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I have one that I used for a couple of weeks and decided to go with the SS CDV filter box. If anyone is looking for one, I will make you a fair deal on an almost new one. 262-352-4724.

How is it ported?

If 2.5" rear to 2" front I would be interested.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, if anyone might be interested, throw me an offer, I'll either accept it or reject it, and list it on ebay. I'd rather sell it to someone here.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I really like it. You can see when it needs to be cleaned out. Takes only a few minutes. And not as large as I thought it would be.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I'm not crazy about my devastator filter either. My concern with the CDV is that it doesn't filter out as much as a paint filter bag does though.

Perhaps using two filters?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Obviously they still have overwhelming support, but that's 3 guys now who arent crazy about their Dev filter.

What's not to love? I'm just about to buy one this spring.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
Obviously they still have overwhelming support, but that's 3 guys now who arent crazy about their Dev filter.

What's not to love? I'm just about to buy one this spring.
Aesthetically, mine looks like a tin can, more or less, and can appear beat up looking fairly easily; they roll over sometimes, which looks sloppy, and causes the "beat-up" look I described.

Functionally, the lock levers need adjusting too often; the filter bag holder does not fit neatly in the filter casing; and a consequence of the latter, is that the top does not fit properly and sucks air around the edge.

On the positive side:
The filter casing is large and permits lots of air to flow through it; the large casing allows for a large bag to catch large amounts of debris; the stainless steel casing is tough and well made strength wise; the filter bag holder is well designed for maximum flow and made from good material; the removable top is interchangeable for replacement.

Reactions: Spurlington

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm amazed. I've been using Dev filters for, I guess, 5 years now, and I don't recall ever adjusting the latches or having my top leak due to the bag not fitting,

Am I just more mechanically inclined than you pervs?

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
Maybe I just got a bad one. It happens. Then again, it's been rumored that I'm easily offended. :)

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
You'll argue with a fence post, I know that for sure.
Only a talking fence post that thinks it knows shit that it doesn't and talks out it's latch. But then fence posts talk in your world, not mine.

Care to argue the point?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm amazed. I've been using Dev filters for, I guess, 5 years now, and I don't recall ever adjusting the latches or having my top leak due to the bag not fitting,

Am I just more mechanically inclined than you pervs?
I had to adjust the latches right after I got it, but at least the latches are adjustable. The main problem I have is trying to clean out the filter bags. Just too much work IMO. The CDV filter boxes filter is more fine than the waste tank filter. I just cleaned out my waste tank for the first time since I bought the machine in September and have a whopping baseball sized ball of dust from the tank. Pretty good IMO.

Name
Scott Turknett
I had to adjust the latches right after I got it, but at least the latches are adjustable. The main problem I have is trying to clean out the filter bags. Just too much work IMO. The CDV filter boxes filter is more fine than the waste tank filter. I just cleaned out my waste tank for the first time since I bought the machine in September and have a whopping baseball sized ball of dust from the tank. Pretty good IMO.
Do you run a paint filter in the dev filter? I just use a spray gun to wash down debris to the bottom through the day then dump it out at the end of the day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom