DI/RO water...is there a better rinse to clean with?

Mikey P

Administrator
Combined they produce water so clean and pure that no detergent or acid rinse is needed whatsoever. Better heat, If you're use to soft water you can cut your prespray in half, again!

Cures cancer and cleanse your counter tops!

So they say

Your thoughts please.

FredC

Village Idiot
thoughts? The rest of your system, after the RO/DI, is making up the "difference" in "water composition"..........

Water "wants" certain things...chemistry and shit...........in Vawter terms...it has a propensity

and keeping with the BAWBian nature of my post I will only entertain corrections by Forsythe

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Im either going to get a new Kinetico on my next truck or go with a R/Di system

There are some hassles involved with it..waster water , 30% goes to the street/lawn and the need for a 110 outlet while the pump is working But im hoping what Im hearing is true in that chemical cost goes down very dramatically and carpets are left beyond clean and softier..

FredC

Village Idiot
worried about chem cost? Not the time....... Really? Not the baller' I thought.................Lockhart wins....................

my opinion? Keep pumping the salt water...........ESPECIALLY on your new twin Judson truck........or you might f' up your new bentleys

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
hell yeah Lockheart wins.

no teet suckling brats or MILS, paid more for my chicken coop than he did his 10 acre ranch, his middle name is Craig.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I wish I knew more a out this "empowered water" as ZeroRez calls it. They are advertising on the radio more than I've heard anybody advertise. I have to field questions about it in almost every resi customers home. I guess I'm the one standing in their home and not them so we must be doing something right. ZeroRez is very vague about this water on their website and they make a big deal about the wand they use on there too. The wand they use is the Wonder Wand from PowrFlite so maybe this empowered water is mostly hype too? Don't know about you guys but my cost for chems is a minimal expense when I consider everything else that goes into running this biz.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks Fred. You do mean tell them to google "sodium hydroxide" right. I clicked the link and I've been to that page before. That page sounds all positive about this fairy dust called "empowered water". Thanks for the help!

Russ Terhaar

FredC

Village Idiot
lol...I wouldn't give them any more info than they needed to hang themselves on MY rope...........

cause the fact is zerorez "empowered water" isn't really harmful...............despite the active ingredient

but the other facts are, from what I've seen, they are using the same shit you are to ACTUALLY clean carpets

Reactions: Russ T.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Both process remove minerals from your water. Di will get it Down to 5 part per million and ro 10 ppm. Both will attack brass. Your detergents don't have to fight the water so it cleans better. Water softness just exchange salt for mineral leaving the carpet full of salt.
water softeners really are the best for our industry. The salt won't cause any problems.

gene

Reactions: Mikey P

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have been thinking about using it just for the marketing that would follow..

Mikey P

Administrator
I was told this today..

Once the water is pre-heated to the 150°F - 170°F range in the fresh water tank, it will have lost its charge and second….since the water gathers in the fresh water tank, gets pressurized through the lines, and if you’re not pulling the trigger, it will go back to the fresh water tank. It will repeat this cycle and again will have lost its charge.

Gill?
Lance?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I have a 300 gallon per day system that pumps into a 309 gallon storage tank (plastic) and we use a transfer pump to transfer the water from tank to trucks.

Butler holds 200 gallons and Judson holds 100 gallons

Mikey P

Administrator
So what happens after the 100 gallons is used up?

Does that truck return to the shop or the tech knows to triple his chem usage, turn on the rinse aid and tell the last job or jobs that they are getting hosed?

The system I am interested in produces the empowered water right there on the truck as the Fresh Tank is filled.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Easy there skippy... I wasn't just sitting here waiting for his question...

Sorry about that man. I forget not everybody is notified on their phone when a new subscribed post comes in. I'm genuinely interested in this as I said because ZeroRez is creating the biggest buzz around here because of the water they are using. I seriously appreciate the info and apologize for being chippy...

Russ Terhaar

Reactions: Lance Golden

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Another good source to ask the benefits of using RO/DI is window cleaner, that uses it... For you Russ... I know a guy in Fairfield, and another near Iowa city...

Reactions: Russ T.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Are we tawkin bout cleaning some plasdic fiber on the flo................plasdic?...........tawkin bout plasdic?...............plasdic?.................plasdic on da flo?

I's shore you is tawkin bout cleaning some plasdic.......eMpOwERD WaDDEr?..............fo ...........Plasdic?

HALe.........Nose!

Wat you kats smokin?

HeeeEEEee! HeeEeeeee!

Reactions: Mikey P

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Both process remove minerals from your water. Di will get it Down to 5 part per million and ro 10 ppm. Both will attack brass. Your detergents don't have to fight the water so it cleans better. Water softness just exchange salt for mineral leaving the carpet full of salt.
water softeners really are the best for our industry. The salt won't cause any problems.

gene

I'm with Gene here......salt can do no harm. I'm dumping the old Kinetico (mainly because there is no economical way to buy a new one except through their "extorsionest" sales staff) They have exclusive rights to their areas. There is no online site to buy Kinetico. All I wanted was to do is purchase a new unit from their shop, install it myself, never have to bother them. No....they turn every sale into a high pressure sales blitz. F 'em. I'm going with a Culligan exchange tank program. DI or RO water great for windows and washing cars.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Mike the truck that carries can do 3 small jobs or 2 med and 1 large. He just plans his day and swings by the house to dump and refill. Luckily most of our work isn't far from home base at all. Works out pretty easy but there have been a few times when we have had to top off somewhere.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
You can buy a di tank that will give you 10'000 gals before recharge. It goes for around 1k. It doesn't waste water like ro does. You can buy the beads and recharge it yourself. It would be great if you clean a lot of tile but unnecessary for carpet. It's a single tank and would be easy to store on board.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom