DI/RO water...is there a better rinse to clean with?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think I have too many other things to worry about right now. Adding the 360i and focusing more on agitation lately has made a big difference here. Fancy water might have to wait until next summer...

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
You can buy a di tank that will give you 10'000 gals before recharge. It goes for around 1k. It doesn't waste water like ro does. You can buy the beads and recharge it yourself. It would be great if you clean a lot of tile but unnecessary for carpet. It's a single tank and would be easy to store on board.

gene

10,000 Gallons? Where are you getting these #'s from? What TDS are you basing those #'s off of?

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
you do realize the #'s given are only based on what "Local TDS" is. Where you live, you must have a low "source TDS".

where I live, That same tank will produce around 2,500 gallons before recharge. Where Mike lives, not much more than me.

This is where running RO becomes beneficial... The lower the TDS entering DI, the more life you get from that tank.
With an RO, and a DI tank that size, he will (probably) never need a recharge...

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
he will (probably) never need a recharge...

I did say "probably"...
If you are getting 99% rejection from RO with a TDS under 010... going into DI... with that size of a tank (media)
you can expect an unheard of volume of life expectancy form that same DI

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
10,000 Gallons? Where are you getting these #'s from? What TDS are you basing those #'s off of?
Lance that's very true. My ppm here for tap are 116. The numbers I quoted were from memory from a tank I saw years ago when I was searching for ro for my house. I don't remember what they based it on. It was a reputable site but water quality would definitely alter numbers out. Good catch.

gene

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Not sure about better but cost a pretty penny chemspec powdered high heat about $195 for 40 lbs, picked up some from a going outta business chemspec retailer got it for $125.00

I use 1 lbs in a 5 gal premix and it kills, I've used it years before but forgot how good it was, that and I'm using 2.5 oz slop and gobble in a 5 quart hydroforce at 4 to 1 and its a great combo.

to bad they're both so expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Sam,
The beauty of this, no more need for a rinse agent. I have not used an injection in over 7 years,and use less prespray...

Gene,
Thanks man...wasn't trying to call you out... but I know a few guys that gave up on DI alone, because their local
TDS was considerably higher than yours. With a local TDS of at around 100 I would not suggest RO in your case. It would take waaayyy to long
to recoup the cost of owning an RO system...
I know Mike's local TDS is around the 400 range... 4 x's as bad as yours... or / x 4 = 2.500 gallons...(this also could vary based on what makes up each TDS count in their area)
I could use that much in a week...
you were told 10k gallons if memory serves me... based on 116 TDS

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Am I the only one that feels like there is a lot of over thinking here? I have a whole house soft water system we fill the vans up with and also have a small scuba tank sized unit we can take with us. But really once the water is softened does it really make that big of a difference to spend the money to refine our water even further? I get it soft water cleans better and is easier on equimpent but sometimes I think as cleaners especialy owners find new and advanced ways of pissing away money, I think cleaning with ro water is a prime example

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom