Did Cobb's ever sell? Watch your shipping boys...

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I ordered two gallons of ultra seal last week. I was told shipping would be around 15 dollars, but no more than 20 dollars. The next day my CC was charged, and I quickly figured out they charged me 69 dollars for shipping. I immediately called back and explained the issue. The sales guy Larry remembered what he told me and finally agreed to issue me a credit even though he tried to convince me to wait until I placed my next order. Shortly after, I received a phone call by the name of Steve who told me shipping should have been $17.41 and that Larry would call me back. No phone call came, so I called back. Larry who answered, who then claimed he was Steve, got all pissy and said a credit would be issued. It's been a week so I disputed the charge with my CC card.

This probably reads like a KAREN but the bottom line, watch your charges.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I ordered two gallons of ultra seal last week. I was told shipping would be around 15 dollars, but no more than 20 dollars. The next day my CC was charged, and I quickly figured out they charged me 69 dollars for shipping. I immediately called back and explained the issue. The sales guy Larry remembered what he told me and finally agreed to issue me a credit even though he tried to convince me to wait until I placed my next order. Shortly after, I received a phone call by the name of Steve who told me shipping should have been $17.41 and that Larry would call me back. No phone call came, so I called back. Larry who answered, who then claimed he was Steve, got all pissy and said a credit would be issued. It's been a week so I disputed the charge with my CC card.

So Larry has a brother named Steve who has a brother named Larry.

FredC

Village Idiot
I heard recently that it did sell and that Larry stayed working there in an advisory role of some sort..

edit: think it might be one of those sold to employee deals

Last edited:
Reactions: Wandslinger
Name
Nate W.

Wait till your paying $100-$150 a case for shipping.. Then b!tch..

KAREN!! :lol:

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I heard recently that it did sell and that Larry stayed working there in an advisory role of some sort..

edit: think it might be one of those sold to employee deals
Fred you're still teething? It was not sold to employees.

Name
Nate W.
I was just there in October, it was sold to another company.. They moved locations.. And it's a lot cleaner than their last shop from what I was told.. Larry was off the day I went in on.. This whole time I thought the cement mixer was an inside joke............... :eekk:

His protector is still some good stuff!

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I was just there in October, it was sold to another company.. They moved locations.. And it's a lot cleaner than their last shop from what I was told.. Larry was off the day I went in on.. This whole time I thought the cement mixer was an inside joke............... :eekk:

His protector is still some good stuff!
Larry was and still is a smart chemist. A lot of his in-house mixes are good stuff to use. what I like about Larry is he was never too busy to talk to you personally Whenever you had a question. I agree on the outrageous shipping cost. To be fair, it’s happening around the country on a lot of items.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Who was it sold to?
I was told a cleaning company owned by two brothers? if my memory serves me right. They are intending to continue Cobbs. Hopefully they will do good on that promise and not destroy it by selling it to hedge funds pigs.

Reactions: FredC

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

You back in biz? I thought you hung up the wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom