Diesel Slide In Idea

Farenheit251

I always thought a real slide in is what this industry needs. 4 bolts to put in the truck and 4 bolts to remove. With fuel line taps getting so expensive I was wondering if it might be possible to incorporate a 20 gallon fuel tank into the unit. My understanding is that would be Ok with diesel. It would mean investing more into an engine but saving on the install and fuel tap.

Greenie

Something tells me it would stink more than the average diesel slide in.

and probably not DOT approved, but I haven't actually checked.

rick imby

Name
Rick
In this area there are several places to get offroad diesel that you don't pay road tax on. Do many with gas engines get no road tax fuel?

Rick

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You mean something like this:
06-10-21HappyTruck047.jpg

only prettier.

has diesel tank on the bottom, about 15 gal

C

Chris Sheldon

Brian, I don't know how much money would be saved going with a Diesel engine. At most, fuel kits are $400 - $450 retail; it usually takes me about an 1-1.5 hours (tops) to tap the fuel system and mount the fuel pump, so labor is fairly minimal. So the fuel kit adds about $500 to $550 on the install price (assuming the fuel pump is supplied by the manufacturer). The question is; how much more would a diesel engine cost?

There are a few machines out there that are a one piece design (console and waste tank), such as the El Diablo and Power Clean Genesis, but I have found that they take just about as long to install as machines with a detached waste tank. Usually, any machine takes me about 6-8 hours to install (including hose reels, water tank, etc). Sometimes, on vans with a sliding door, I have to remove the waste tank anyway to squeeze the machine in!

As Greenie said, I dont know how DOT would react to a 20 gallon fuel tank inside the van, but having said that diesel tanks for Kero burners are mounted inside. ???????? DOT probably has a limit as to how much fuel you can carry inside like they do with waste oil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom