Difference between Chem injection vs water box?

Name
I'm Rick James
I never used a chemical injection system and curious how it differs from a water box and what are all the components that go with it. And how does the cost differ?

Thanks

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
What machine are you running? I though most hydramasters had last step CI. Water box has nothing to do with chemicals. The water box is used to pre heat water and as a buffer zone for high incoming pressure that could damage pumps.
There are pros and cons to both chemical injection and chemical draw systems.

Chemical Injection: Pros: It will not “cook” your chemicals or run chemicals through heat exchanger. Cons: most systems cannot be run at high PSI.

Chemical Draw: Pros: High Psi Cleaning. Cons: If you run out of chemical or have a small leak pressure will not work at all. Runs chemicals through your all of your high pressure pluming.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
ACE said:
What machine are you running? I though most hydramasters had last step CI. Water box has nothing to do with chemicals. The water box is used to pre heat water and as a buffer zone for high incoming pressure that could damage pumps.
There are pros and cons to both chemical injection and chemical draw systems.

Chemical Injection: Pros: It will not “cook” your chemicals or run chemicals through heat exchanger. Cons: most systems cannot be run at high PSI.

Chemical Draw: Pros: High Psi Cleaning. Cons: If you run out of chemical or have a small leak pressure will not work at all. Runs chemicals through your all of your high pressure pluming.

Depending on the TM, the Genesis uses gravity draw into the water box for mixing. My water box only calls for water when it gets to a certain low level. Then a solinoid kicks on allowing water to enter, drawing the chem at the same time, mixing in the water box. It only holds about 2 gallons of water. Shuts off when full. The only problem is with the different water pressures at each job. If the water pressure is low, solution draw will be diminished, and you have to adjust at the meter. If pressure at next job is high, meter max's out, and you have to dial it down. This system does run solution throughout the entire pressure system of the Genesis....even the HX'ers.

I think Powermatic only draws when wand is keyed.

I did like the "last step" chem injection on my PC 405.....always consistant metering.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Oh....as for the difference.......the chem injector is more....mechanical, as the PC chem pump is mounted directly on the Cat pump, thus subject to mechanical failure needing rebuilding. The gravity feed has less or no mechanical parts, other than the meter. (one exception is the Genesis system, which requires solinoid activation to initiate chem draw, but it's still a gravity draw system)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom