Diffs and transfer

Mikey P

Administrator
My Dodge dealership wants $750 to swap fluids in all three.

No way.

What is that $60 in materials?

I want to Walmart to get the fluids and all they got is the house brand SuperTech stuff which according to internet folklore is half recycled oil and half shit that came out of Damon's CRB gearbox.

It's an every 60k service, what are you going to ding and using?

Anybody vacuuming the oil out rather than removing the covers?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Typical price and probably a little too much... Ya can always go to jiffy lube...

Name
Swani
You'll probably need new gaskets if you split them. I had a Jiffy Lube do our Denali's differential and switched to a synthetic oil. It made a huge difference in quieting it down, but it was also AWD. I just had my wife's new Rubicon into the dealership for some warranty work and they said I was supposed to do the differentials at the 15,000 mile mark and it's $130 a differential.

Name
Lee Stockwell
You'll probably need new gaskets if you split them. I had a Jiffy Lube do our Denali's differential and switched to a synthetic oil. It made a huge difference in quieting it down, but it was also AWD. I just had my wife's new Rubicon into the dealership for some warranty work and they said I was supposed to do the differentials at the 15,000 mile mark and it's $130 a differential.
A 2 room job pays for that.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom