direct mail to daycares

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Has anyone had success with this? Thought I might try it. Also to country clubs, interior designers. I know this is a good time to go after restaurants but just face to face havent tried direct mail for commercial.

M

Mark Imbesi

I dont actively seek out commercial work. But, from what I have learned, over the years, reading BB's, the experts stress on getting the decision maker's name. That either means via in person or over the phone. Once you obtain the decision maker's name, send mail to their attention. Then follow-up, follow-up, follow-up!

I'm sure more will chime in here...

Greg Loe

I got "0" from direct marketing to day cares. But, I did sneak into day care cleaning by referrals. Cleaning for parents that had kids in a day care was my way in.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I know alot on here talk of daycares but in my opinion I would rather clean carpet in a landfill then a daycare.

The carpets are normaly trashed and after you clean they like to call 2 or 3 days later and try to tell you that you didnt clean this spot. Go down and the milk will still be wet :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My experience has been that daycares aren't as concerned about carpet cleaning as the standards say they should. According the to Carpet Cleaning Standards they should be cleaned every 2 weeks. It'd be lucky if you cleaned them once a year. The other challenge is they tend to go to low price, because of frequency.
Not the greatest of target markets unless you do less than standard work.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we are doing it
give a bid and she wrote a letter back
bid was 700 was not to soiled been easy
she wanted scotchgaurd on the whole thing 2900 sq ft
said she been payin half of that for last 20 yrs
so i wrote her back with a jon don scotchgaurd print out on useage instructions and cost of product.
Heck if i would send out the guys and do it my cost would have been close to 350
just for labor gas and chemicals
I stated in my letter if she really thinks the other guys have been puttin protector down all this time.My findings are in black and white she needs to read all the material i sent her.

But not to good on day cares so far
Sendin out to doctors offices been pretty good
lost only one to price that i can remember.
Sendin to lawers offices also no good so far
but still sendin

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have several daycares and the reason direct mail doesn't work is they already have a company handling there things for them. They have a property managment company. You need to get in by calling and asking who handles their facilities maintenance and talk to the property management company

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
matt down here in gods country
the owner is the facilities person-
janitor etc;etc
management company not
as is the case with 98% of small business here

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was speaking more towards the chains not individual centers

Chris A

Name
Chris
we did a big campaign on daycares in the fall, but found that most of the franchise centers were run by national property maintenence firms. One actually had a national contract with Service Master.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom