direct mailing

KOOSER55

There is a newer community in my area that ive done a bunch of work in and ive done very well with the jobs. Ive never done a direct mailer but im trying to figure out how i can mail my ad or post card to all the homes in the neighborhood and if possible without spending a fortune for it. Any ideas

Street atlas plus by delorhome will give you the names and addresses. You can put in the street in the program and it will give you the names and addresses of each house on the street.
You have to get the plus version or it wont have the names.

You can design your own flyer or have a co. design one for you. Mark and androchelle do a nice job and are reasonably priced.

Then you can buy card stock at Xpedx(great store have all sorts of different stock, including door hanger stock)

You can then print and send them out yourself. Or if you print over a 1000 its cheaper to have a printer print them.

Thats probably the cheapest way to do it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Go to your local printer and see if they do mailers...mine has the service where they print and send...AND they target areas.
Not a bad price really.

Becker

Name
Becker
on the cheap with time on your hands.

gotprint.com .03 per postcard full color both side, design your self.

postage is gunna cost you .27 per post card.

as for addresses.

zillow.com

it will take so time, but faster than ya might think.

bring the map up over the area. copy and paste ' valued neighbor' street name, city and zip into a label program.

click on the lots along that street for the house number.

I'm building a data base right now for some key hoods I want to own.

zillow will give ya all the info but the names, but even buying the names the data will have an error rate for sales etc.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Kooser,
I confirm Beckers suggustion for gotprint. I had 2500 cards printed at http://gotprint.net/g/welcome.do. I had the cards printed and in my hands in under a week. Good quality 2 sided full color glossy cards at a good price. I downloaded a free 60 day trial version of MS publisher to design the cards. I then paid my teenybopper daughter to stamp and label the cards. About as cost effective as you can get.

Mr Sutherby,
Do you own the Street Atlas USA 2009 PLUS software? If it does give residential names and addresses by street name it is just what Kooser (and I) have been looking for. The price seems right as well, $45.99 on amazon.com with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/DeLorme-Street-Atlas-Plus-2009/dp/B00149YSU4

Can you export name and address data to Excel or do you have to copy and paste the data? Is the resdential address info broken down into fields or do you have to manually seperate the name, street, city, and zip code data. I have 1000 extra spring postcards I need to get out soon. Thank you for the tip!

https://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item=27869&section=10120

Yes you can download the names...You have to get the street atlast PLUS version....make sure its PLUS or you wont get the names....
and make sure you get the newest addition so you can get the right names....
You can upload the names to excell...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Too much time to print and stamp and all that

Just design (or approve a design) and have another company do everything esle.

You may save a couple hundred bucks (one job) but that time could be well spent marketing somewhere else in your company.

Did I mention that I am getting away from direct mailing...except to my customers.

Read all about it in the marketing room...did I just say that earlier?

I have my g/f do the direct mailing....I'm hitting very specific sub divisions and I'm hitting them 1 time every other week for 7 mailings....I will report back and tell you how it works....I'm not mass mailing I'm hitting very specific targets.

You can also pull businesses out of delorhome. Market to carpet retail shops, plumbers and insurance agents....
Like I said I just started doing this so I will let you know how it works out...

DevilDog

Let me help you out here. First of all the BEST way to get addresses in a specific area you want to clean in is to go to those neighborhoods and get the addresses yourself.

Example: you are on 160th St in your city. Just drive down the road slowly (hopefully with someone with you) and start naming off the addresses while the person with you writes them down.

Now go home and write the address on the card yourself or....take the time to enter those names in a database that allows you to print out mailing labels. That will take some time to do (not a lot) but it will make it easier in the future.

You do NOT need the name of the person when using a postcard....there is nothing for them to open. You just need to get the card to the address.

So put Homeowner in the name field.

This is a very fast, very targeted way to get names for little cost. It works very very well.

Becker is right about the printing...with what Gotprint.com and some others charge...just get a decent card made and have them do the printing. The cost is well worth it and actually is almost cheaper than you can do for yourself but the quality is better.

By the time you get the paper, get the ink, spend the time printing....it is better to just have Gotprint.com do it.

The printing is not a big deal. If you have more time than jobs...then entering addresses and printing mailing labels out is not a big deal.

Hell, once the addresses are in there you hit a few buttons and print them out. Just stick the labels and stamps on yourself while you are watching a tv program or have someone do it for you for a small cost.

Some of these people here are really wasting a lot of money by having everything farmed out....not everything needs to be farmed out and it actually doesn't make a lot of sense if you have the time to do it yourself.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The broader of an area, the more time it takes.

When you hit a certain amount, it just makes better sense to use the resources available.

If you have the time and the area is not too big then, by all means, do what ever it takes to save and make money.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
get a copy of the street tax assessments from the map at the local town halls. Or it is online like in my area it.

Example: you are on 160th St in your city. Just drive down the road slowly (hopefully with someone with you) and start naming off the addresses while the person with you writes them down.
stupid is as stupid does. you have better things to spend your money on. Time is money devildouche. You really are a moron. (Devildouche drives slowly through the neighborhoods looking like he is casing them with his unmarked van and no uniform, makes the moms nervous with the slow pass by the children.)

Another great way is get the voter book from a friend in politics this breaks it down buy street, name and telephone(if you have one)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Matt Murdock said:
get a copy of the street tax assessments from the map at the local town halls. Or it is online like in my area it.

stupid is as stupid does. you have better things to spend your money on. Time is money devildouche. You really are a moron. (Devildouche drives slowly through the neighborhoods looking like he is casing them with his unmarked van and no uniform, makes the moms nervous with the slow pass by the children.)

Another great way is get the voter book from a friend in politics this breaks it down buy street, name and telephone(if you have one)

Ahhhhh, you guys ARE learning. I'm like a proud Mama. :mrgreen: :wink:

Jim Hadley

In California, a Trust Deed State, simply go to a Title Company. They will print up on labels the registered owners of property by street. The best part, it is free. It is especially easy if you belong to a networking group like Le Tip, or Bni, that has a Title Rep as a member. Lots of free information out there.
Jim Hadley
Hadley's Proclean

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
The Baltimore/Washington area is a good market. If you've done a bunch of work and have done very well with the jobs it seems self-defeating to make pinching pennies the first priority of marketing to that neighborhood?

Postcards are cheap. A thousand stamps are $270.

In the big picture it ain't a lot of money. Two or three jobs and it's paid for.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Hadley said:
In California, a Trust Deed State, simply go to a Title Company. They will print up on labels the registered owners of property by street. The best part, it is free. It is especially easy if you belong to a networking group like Le Tip, or Bni, that has a Title Rep as a member. Lots of free information out there.
Jim Hadley
Hadley's Proclean

Hey Jim, How's carpet cleaning in Placerville...I tend to get some work up there pretty often.
Let me know if you would like more work.

DevilDog

LMAO! No uniforms? Unmarked van? You surely have me confused with someone else you jackass. Are you really that stupid?

The method I mentioned works GREAT...is really fast...is extremely cost effective....and will get you work where you want the work.

You keep on working on your branding you limp noodled moron. LMAO.

Just about a month ago I started a new business and within two months I will be doing more quality work than LIMP NOODLE marketing guru wannebe.

Some guys get it. Some don't. We all know which one YOU are.

Becker

Name
Becker
Let me help you out here. First of all the BEST way to get addresses in a specific area you want to clean in is to go to those neighborhoods and get the addresses yourself.

There is no way this method is faster than ZILLOW.com
And cheaper, and you are not gunna have the police called on you for slowing driving up and down each street clearly scanning the homes for the house numbers.

Go to Zillow.

Put in just the zip code of the area you want, then zoom in and pan till you are over the hood you want.

Then zoom in a tad bid more, hold your mouse over each lot, one click brings up the address.

Top of column, street name.. Below all the house numbers.

Then up the next street.

I'm working to get 10,000 homes on a data base that I rotate with mailers.

BTW... how many homes have you seen that it is hard to see the house numbers. House numbers removed for painting, house numbers to small, covered by bushes, who knows.

But, Todds idea will work. I prefer the hi tech way.

My old town had a very good county tax assessors site. There I had owners name, owners mailing address ( in case it is a PO box ) sq ft, when they bought it, how much they paid etc.

Spokane has an ok site, not near as good.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There is nothing faster than an email to my printer and a credit card number.

No gas, no writers cramp, no police called.

Just click and the cards are in their mailbox in a couple days.

With time saved, I can network in other areas.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
whatever you believe snoop devildogg. I can guarantee you won't even sniff my weekly numbers right now.

Lets see a picutre of your van and uniform

I am sure I will be waiting a long time for them

Becker

Name
Becker
Zillow might not be up to date in your area.

some of the mapping websites will do the same.

Here you can drive down a street from your computer. and look 360 degrees.

Brain,

Think for a min man.

It is easy to come off cocky and full of yourself, but some here are new to the business, and or have very limited funds.
ROI in top priority for them.
Some have time to address post cards, and for them it is worth their time to do such.
I'm not sure what it costs to have another do the mailing for ya, but some here can't even afford to even buy the postage.

Greg,
You might be right about Todd.
He sold his business, van etc.
As far as we know he is rug DRing it.
Yet we all know his attitude is much like yours, and will surely out clean us all with a rug dr.

A sparing match between the 2 of you would be worth the popcorn, and the shit shovel.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Yet we all know his attitude is much like yours, and will surely out clean us all with a rug dr.

not me my man. I need the power. That is why I never have and never will skimp on equipment. That is part of what makes me so good:)

You have to have standards

BTW
I am not a guru wannabe. I invest in my marketing. I just have spent more money on marketing than I want to admit and have learned what works and what doesn't

Becker

Name
Becker
Thanks for the tip on street atlas plus.

I bought 2009 today, just loaded it, and checked it out.

Looks like an easy way to build a data base.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hello All,

Thanks for the info on Street atlas. I am really a beginner when it comes to this type of info so I appreciate the help to head in the correct direction

BLewis
www.cleancarpetwizards.com

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Salesgenie.com

You can use this to do SOOO much, it is crazy! all the mailing label tools built right in too. You get addresses with names, info like pet owner, kids, etc. Even what their interests are. You can build groups to schedule mailings as well.

By far the best resource we have for commercial accounts also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom