Discussion on cleaning methods

Name
Rieta Ebberts
If you are just talking about hwe cleaning in general, then you are misguided and don't understand the process. A half decent equipment with a decent tech will NOT soak the backing and padding. Therefore, even if there is broken down lamination and other particles, it would not be an issue.
We've made a lot of money cleaning up after HWE cleaning "in general". Apparently, you just identified the problem: half decent equipment with an indecent (;)) tech! Good to know there's room for us both.

Let me ask you this: how do you picture HWE cleaning being done? Are you imagining those videos of certain dry chem companies where they present a steam cleaner with a wand absolutely soaking a carpet (most likely with no vac hose attached or equipment not even running?
Yikes! We've seen this video clip and no, that's not our vision!

Why do vlm people insist on taking this adversarial position?
Making up these absurd claims...
Could probably 10x sales if you just sold it as an additional service.
No adversarial position from me at all. I explained that we have been somewhat removed from the latest and greatest and I wanted to know what is currently being used in residential situations. Our cleaner is extremely versatile and I am always happy to offer it as an additional service. How many cases would you like? :oldrolleyes: (Sorry, I couldn't resist! ;))

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ok I'm just not sure what you are trying to figure out.... I guess any marketing effort could be successful... Since we all got to hear now how good your "cleaner" is. BTW is that a person or a chemical when you say "our cleaner"? :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
we pull carpet from time to time

Why do vlm people insist on taking this adversarial position?
Making up these absurd claims...

Ignorance mostly...and/or lies and scare tactics to make up for their lack of different methods to use properly

her ignorance is evidenced with this statement

"The mud I was talking about is what is created when you flush gallons of water through the carpet into the pad and then try to extract"

obviously she been brainwashed and don't know sheeit about the method ..likely from her start with Chem-Lie

Reita dear, you didn't mention what other methods you use

"Do we think that every technician should have more than one tool at his disposal? You bet!"

what other "tools" do you have besides a rotary, vac and bonnets?

most on this thread are multi-method cleaners.
are you a "one method" cleaner? or do you use other methods ("tools") as well??

..L.T.A.

Name
Marcus
Rieta I challenge you to go observe a truckmount with at least 30 hp and 4.5 blower. Using a wand or zipper...
Let them clean a rug out on the drive way and then pick it up and look under it...and on the carpet backing.
I have done this many times and most of the time it is rare to even find any wet spots on the back of the carpet much less gallons of water going thru the back.
Most jets are pointed toward the wand and never reach the back of the carpet....
Steam is not shooting thru the carpet backing but only flushing the fibers! ,!

Name
Marcus
If I am correct Chem dry is now steam cleaning although they won't admit it...
At least I heard they were trying to move to truckmounts about 10 years ago, but I heard they were having a difficult time changing there franchises over.
I was looking to buy a chem dry franchise that had a truckmount many years ago.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
For heaven's sake.
Rieta, these guys will badger you to death. This happens here, every so often with non steam cleaners. It is a great tradition. (Search under the term: "Mardie".)
So far, you've handled the hounds with grace and professionalism, not to mention staying calm under fire.

Leave the "methods" discussion, it will not lead to anything good. Just tell them that you have a great product to offer and that they should try it.

Compliment them on their hair, if you will, and or the beauty of their posture. Throw them some freebies and they'll love you. If Mike auctions a few of your products, they'll practically eat from your hand.

Also, check Rick Gallinas posts. Now there's a trench hardened smart poster. Same field of cleaning, OCD aided :winky:

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If Mike auctions a few of your products, they'll practically eat from your hand.

Ofer Ofer Ofer.... You are WAAAY OFF me friend!
We don't want auctions of carbobubbles....we want RAFFLES!!

Come on- you know everyone around here still trying to pay off the loan on their porty and the pump up sprayer.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
:lol:

The carbo-bubblelicious got Marty's seal of approval. Which may just be the final blow. Rieta, as an exciting, yet new member here, that definitely belongs, I'd like to clue you in:
It is Marty's seal of disapproval that marketers crave. Urgently seek it. It will propel your product to new heights of acceptance.

P.S. Just joking, if our carnivore friend liked it, I am sure it is quite good.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Speaking for myself, as a VLM cleaner, I get a little testy when a HWE guys says all we do it "move the dirt around."
True that's just a cold blooded jab. But its not as if the VLM guys are any kinder with their jabs at HWE.

What gets lost in all of the volleys back and forth is that the consumer is confused by it all. If they believe the negative picture painted of how each side is inept in their cleaning, its not surprising so many chose hard surfaces instead of carpet. :errf:

Name
Rieta Ebberts
Most jets are pointed toward the wand and never reach the back of the carpet....
Steam is not shooting thru the carpet backing but only flushing the fibers! ,!
Thank you! Finally, this is what I wanted to know! We started in this industry over 30 years ago and that is not how it was done back then. We got side-tracked with a franchise, then a lawsuit, and have not closely scrutinized HWE systems for quite some time so we're glad to know that real progress has been made.

For residential jobs, we primarily use the rotary machine with bonnets but we DO extract when necessary. Our son has a full-on truck mount system that he uses regularly as well.

Leave the "methods" discussion, it will not lead to anything good. Just tell them that you have a great product to offer and that they should try it.
Very good advice and I thank you for it! :smile:

I now know what to do/say when the board seems a little too quiet! I do appreciate the comments and the fact that most of you were very nice, and apparently exercised great restraint. ;)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Rieta, I think most of us are trying to be nice...but when we detect some tricky talk, we get a bit offensively defensive.

Like when you say how you guys are clueless about what's available because you were side tracked with issues. But right after that you profess how your family member has a full on truckmount system...
So either your son is one of those really bad steam cleaners that your method fights against or he is very good and has up to date equipment - but maybe you two don't talk much.

See my point?

If this board can not give you hours and hours of education just by reading- nothing will.

hydracat

Chem lie is not hwe. They are hce. Hot, carbonate, extraction. But they call it restoritave cleaning, not steam cleaning or hot anything extraction. it sure looks like and rx20 to me. By the way I take dirty cloths off every day and my body is not covered with mud.

Name
Marcus
Either way HWE is the industry standard and has been for 30 years ar more so it's good to have these discussions.
Most of us have used both methods so the bonnet method is nothing new.
I will say this if spray and bonnet worked I would absolutely be using it..
600$ for a buffer and 100$ for bonnet is a whole lot cheaper than 10-15 k $ for truckmount.
I would like to get some more feedback on Chemdry as I haven't heard any thing in years
On how they transferred to truckmounts.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I will say this if spray and bonnet worked I would absolutely be using it..
600$ for a buffer and 100$ for bonnet is a whole lot cheaper than 10-15 k $ for truckmount.
I would like to get some more feedback on Chemdry as I haven't heard any thing in years
On how they transferred to truckmounts.
All methods work, it depends on the situation as which is the best choice in regards to thoroughness and production.

CD was using some private label super hot diesel TM's and private label RX-20's modified shoes.

Name
Rieta Ebberts
but maybe you two don't talk much
He's recently purchased a new truckmount system but we are both so busy that I haven't seen it and don't know what it is. But he uses both systems and he uses our cleaner.

I will say this if spray and bonnet worked I would absolutely be using it.
The right chemical makes it work.
I do know that HWE is the industry standard, but I also believe there's room for innovation. After all, the world was flat for a very long time! ;)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom