Diverting the Exhaust from a Legend XL

I would like to divert the exhaust down instead of straight out so I don't smell like exhaust after standing at the Legend's panel. The outside diameter is 2 7/8". Anyone have an idea where to get an elbow that will handle that?

Eric

erick herdt

get some exhaust elbows of various sizes from your auto parts store see which one fits and do some cutting and welding (or clamping as the case my be).

MY old PC Bruin has separate blower and engine exhaust ports. 3/4" or 1" copper tubing fit perfectly in my exhaust pipe. I let the blower shoot straight out

ultraclean

with my legend i use just a length of rubber hose that simply slips over the exhaust its a heavy duty steel reinforced hose i got it from a local supplier. it's approx 1 meter in length and with the natural curve i can deflect the exhaust left, right or straight down under the van what ever suits depending on the location, relative to the entrance to the job.
I learnt the hard way early, I set up for a job and the exhaust was blowing straight into the open door way of the apartments i was cleaning, set all the fire alarms off in the building and found out that the local fire department didn't have a sense of humour.

royalblue

WRONG Andrew!........ You learned the EASY way!

This issue has been addressed as part of the OH&S policy of the Advantage Group here in Western Australia. The guys here with exhausts blowing out the back of their trucks make it their business to divert there exhausts as a matter of NECESSITY. I think many of them use a discharge nozzle from a Stihl garden blower that fits straight over the large discharge outlet and deflects the exhaust whatever way they put it.

The hard way to learn the lesson is from someone's death as a result of accumulated toxic fumes.

In Australia, installers are far too happy to rear mount truck mounts. I and others have brought this to their attention, but the practice prevails. Its up to each one of us to ensure that toxic fumes don't enter the workplace with each job. This is law and serious penalties may apply.

Ash.

Back
Top Bottom