DIY Glide

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a guy call that makes his own glides on a table lathe.

I guess he's getting tired of it cuz he wanted to know if Lisa's 60-year-old free Glide policy was still in effect...

IMG_20220912_175031.jpg IMG_20220912_175025.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
I’m certain he just listened
Hardly, this guy was a major chatterbox and apparently has a 1.5 million house money to take fancy vacations a workshop as you see and all sorts of other things is going on and yet he still takes 2 hours to cut his own glide to save a few bucks

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Yep
He’s definitely a carpet cleaner

When I was living on the road in the 80s and 90s, I met up with so many guys like that.

They'd give me the: "Hey kid (I surely was one), let me show you why the design of that machine stinks..."

I'd hate hearing that, but they were nearly always right.

They were mostly "self taught smart", highly self reliant, and of course "financially conservative" (cheap), but all in all, some of the best people I ever met.

Most had the good sense not to buy the machines I was showing either :biggrin:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
When I was living on the road in the 80s and 90s, I met up with so many guys like that.

They'd give me the: "Hey kid (I surely was one), let me show you why the design of that machine stinks..."

I'd hate hearing that, but they were nearly always right.

They were mostly "self taught smart", highly self reliant, and of course "financially conservative" (cheap), but all in all, some of the best people I ever met.

Most had the good sense not to buy the machines I was showing either :biggrin:
Come on a 405 was hard to beat in any world

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
Back
Top Bottom