Do any of you have your own lettering?

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Some people in the past told me buying a vinyl cutter and material were equal to the cost of one nicely lettered van.

Do any of you do your own? Or know of a place you can order it out online?

Local folks here want about 1400.00 to do my 2008 Express... with SIMPLE lettering.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I do all my own smaller lettering..for the larger things I take it to my local sign shop..
the machine is called a Cricut...I can add..change.. or repair when ever I need to....the vinyl we get is the same as the sign shop....

IMG_5044-1.jpg

IMG_5046-1.jpg

IMG_5045-1.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg
[/quote]

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Jim, how much does a set up like that run? Do you need a special program to do the letters?

Connor

Name
Connor
A friend of mine just bought his own machine for lettering his own trucks. The money he saved lettering his box paid for the machine. I think it's a good investment.

Connor

Name
Connor
Jim,
what's the purpose for the piece of diamond plate on the side of your truck?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
they prevent the door latches from banging into the side of the box and messing it up......

Mike Draper

I just invested over $3000G's on my wrap :shock: . Pretty sure it couldn't be done with a cricut.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mike Draper said:
I just invested over $3000G's on my wrap :shock: . Pretty sure it couldn't be done with a cricut.

a full wrap is a different ball game.....

not all can be done with a Cricut unless you stay under a certain height .....as I noted my above post....the extra large lettering and the logo design are way to big....but...for all the bullet points and and small lettering it is cheaper to use the cricut...plus you can add or change things at a later date with out having to take it in..the thing can also be used to label jugs and bottles that you carry on the truck...
including the Cricut..I think I am somewhere around $1200 bucks for the whole truck...

I still have not decided on what to put on the cab of the truck but if and when I do...the Cricut will take care of the entire thing for me...cheap investment and pretty handy to have around.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just make sure you use the right vinyl.Some is meant for heat press, other are for adhering to surfaces. I am looking at a printer cutter for textiles.......$20,000.

Hey, I heard you could buy one of these and save a bunch of money cleaning carpet. I think I'll go post this idea over at the sign makers forums that I'm a member of.

hoover-steamvac-v2.jpg

Sheesh. You guys are too funny.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
You might want to shop around for another sign shop. I use a shop called sign-a-rama which I think is a franchise and they did both sides and the back of my van for under $200. I recently had a quote from another shop to have my lettering replaced and it was only $300. I only have simple lettering and my logo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom