Do I look like a maid you idiot?

Mikey P

Administrator
Stupid @$$hole today...

oh man...I'm still fuming!

Hard to even see the carpet in the 4 bed rooms his wife set up to clean. he swears all she told him to do was clear his desk.. big wood desk we would never move in the first place, he clears off his coffee cup and calculator..

the rest of the carpet was covered in rugs, dirty clothes, boxes, toys, toys more dirty close pounds of dog hair junk and more toys.

Filthy carpet too boot.

He wants everything moved and cleaned under. Everything.

When he hears that he (we) won't be able to move everything back he freaks and starts yelling about the marine layer coming in. Marine layer...
Marine layer...Marine layer...Marine layer

I need this first thing on a Saturday morning....
Marine layer..Marine layer

We left after telling him it would be months before we have a Saturday AM available.

uuurrmph..
:bullshit:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Had an incident last week for a minimum job that had me fuming for days as well ....and as you mention it, brings up those feelings again, but I am finally smiling about as I type this....but can still get me pissy!

Guess I'm not quite over it either...Damn... I mean LOL....

Reactions: Jerry

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
If we have to pick up crap like that, we tell them our hourly rate is $125/ hr. We can pick it up and pile it up on the bed or somewhere of your liking. If that is more than you want to pay, we can come back when the room is ready to clean. To this day, we've never had anyone want to pay us to pick up their crap. Don't get me wrong, we do pick up reasonable "stuff".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am still waiting for 'Larry & Sons' to give us the line about carpet cleaners being glorified janitors.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We're carpet cleaners not Beacons/ Mollymaids.

Ya even a 10 x10 room loaded for $65 isn't worth it after all that.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Hate to walk away after driving to a job, probably would have taken the grandi brush and pushed it all under the bed or into a closet.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Hate to walk away after driving to a job, probably would have taken the grandi brush and pushed it all under the bed or into a closet.

hell no i would, and have walked....

i dont like touching other peoples shit......

just opens the door for them to say you did or took something.... fooook that headache....

i do it on occasion for these handicap group i clean for, but not if its bad, i leave and remind the mgrs, that it should have been ready.....needless to say, i have tons o good will in the bank for them.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had one yesterday afternoon big nice 6,000 sq/ft house. Arrive knock on the door no one comes, ring the door bell and still nothing. I call in to the office they say she knew because she wasn't even on the schedule but was squeezed in because she had a party Friday (regular client).

I called her cell but it went directly to voice mail and said the mail box was full. :errf:

We waited 10-minutes and headed back to the shop.....we get 5-miles away and the office calls, the home owner said she had to leave but left the back door open. We go back I check the back door and two other doors on two separate decks. All locked. :angry:

I call in to the office again she called the homeowner and called me back, the homeowner wanted to talk to me. I call the homeowner and she apologized for not leaving the door open but gave me the code for the boat garage so I could get into and to the house.

We were to clean two bed rooms, a set of steps and a wool area rug. We go in the get set up and she arrives. We started cleaning and are half way done with the master when she says that's the wrong room. :eekk: She saw we had hoses going into her room but said nothing until we were already cleaning. So told her no charge despite it was the dirtiest room we cleaned and it cleaned up like new.

She takes us down stairs shows us the bedrooms and walks out to the pool. Toys all over, clothes, her huge bra (what was her bra doing in the boys room?) & shoes all over both rooms. I'm thinking Mike jinxed me here.

We pickup all the stuff and finish one bed room and she stops by and I ask her about the hallway. She says no and I said just the steps, she said not those. She walks me clear on the opposite end of the home to another set too far to reach, we can add another 100 ft or break down and come back in from the boat garage. We breakdown, catch the stairs and go to the area rug, toys and magazines and books all over the rug, lego pieces everywhere. :oldrolleyes:

Finish and she is no where to be found, left the credit card receipt from the last cleaning, when we clean she pays for the last cleaning. :icon_neutral:

Carpet cleaning is not as fun as it was last week. :cry:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes me and a tech, I've been a cleaning fool lately.

Butler and a Powerglide....the age equalizer!

Dan has been doing rugs too.

Too much work and not enough people but we don't want to say no to anything after how slow winter was last year.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I ran into one of those this past may.
Two story house and really junked up. He wanted everything moved including the beds because the dog "pisses" under there.
Some funriture as well, sofa/loveseat and chair with ottoman, dogging smell all over.
Basement was a clusterFUK as well with just a dog path running thru and filled with junk, toys etc.
Said another CC was bidding on it and he had some fancy new machine that would outclean anybody.
(RotoCrap)

So I priced it for profit and..................I never heard from him again.

Mr. RotoCRAP can have those jobs all day long.

What is it with dealing with the man of the house and him wanting everything moved?
This has happened more than once.

And I was further talking to him I finally understood how big of a job it would be and how long and I priced accordingly.

Mikey P

Administrator
Men just want to be assholes about it all.

In most cases they know we make more than them so they want to see us earn it..

lawyers are the worse.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mine was young and rich, a million dollar house on the lake probably 2-3 million in Cali. She might be mid thirties???

They had a huge family room in the basement nice pool table......with a Lego village on it. Lego's everywhere, there must have been thousands of dollars in Lego's on the floor. Kids were having a blast...we were baby sitting.....she left with a younger one and left us cleaning with what looked like a 8 & 10 year old. :icon_rolleyes:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mine was young and rich, a million dollar house on the lake probably 2-3 million in Cali. She might be mid thirties???

They had a huge family room in the basement nice pool table......with a Lego village on it. Lego's everywhere, there must have been thousands of dollars in Lego's on the floor. Kids were having a blast...we were baby sitting.....she left with a younger one and left us cleaning with what looked like a 8 & 10 year old. :icon_rolleyes:

I would have told her to take all the kids or we are out of there....no way I will be watching or being responsible for their kid!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I agree we should have. I was just talking with my sisters and we need to mark her file and do a better job with her. My nephew was laughing when I told him what happened yesterday and he said she does that every time. :eekk:

We are just stooopit to allow that. I wanted her called before the van leaves here next time, I also want her called about payment right away and see if we can't prod her to pay on time and we need to charge her more for the non production time picking up the clothes and toys. The tech's also need to tell her it is company policy not to be baby sitters......ok... not to be left alone with kids with no adult at home. :winky:

Reactions: Zee

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Had a WD extraction 2 weeks ago. $750,000 house (in Ohio values). 4 cute little girls, modern Hippie-Dippy parents. Floors were fairly clean, but when I moved a dresser because it was wet underneath, it was a Goldmine of toys, and the girls went crazy. In fact, every dresser hide a butt load of stuff. Anything they didn't get found it's way into the vac hose. In the basement bedroom, the homeowner stated that the Daughter that slept in that room had asyma. But thew room was covered in junk, and it looked like they had just had a pillow fight. Since the extraction is an hourly rate, I just took the time to move it all.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Well this thread started off bad and then went straight downhill from there... :razz:

Last edited:

Ron K

So didn't he get your pre-clean Email or did he pay with a 20.00 coupon and a credit card! Nothing good happens on a Saturday.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Here's one I walked into that wasn't quite ready yet. I politely declined until it was shoveled out.

100_0273.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0267.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom