Do I look like a maid you idiot?

Ron K

Here's one I walked into that wasn't quite ready yet. I politely declined until it was shoveled out.

100_0273.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0267.jpg

Move Out? THey really suck, find them most of the time on the 30th or31st with people moving in on the 1st!

Name
Torrey Whitaker
Now that we have a devastator on both setups, its almost enjoyable to see how many Legos and non traceable junk left behind we can pack it with....

Sorry Peyton and Olivia, no one knows were your Barbie accessories and 10 trillion Legos went...

True story. My helper accidentally sucked a arm rest cover through, fished it out, washed it off and was later thanked for cleaning it for free..

Reactions: SamIam

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I am so glad we don't clean carpets anymore. I would have zero customers. I have no patience anymore for people who think and act this way. We clean some real crappy houses at times doing fire cleaning, but the paycheck makes the difference. I can be very accommodating when the paycheck has numbers with multiple zeros behind it:)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Restoration snob! :p

Hell Ed we clean up sewage backflows and don't complain. A few clothes and toys should be a problem! :winky:

If you see anything you recognize feel free to shout it out, no need to be shy. :eekk:

Sick but somebody has to do it! :neutral:

You won't see this any where else but Mikeysboard.

Fred if it's too offensive feel free to delete it.
:lol:

DSCN5950_zps95c5298b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
That pic reminds me of a job when I did plumbing,,, line was backed up,, 3 toilets filled to the rim,, so what did they use? The tub! I was inside looking things over,, when the lines inside cleared rather quickly,, the other plumber I was with pulled the 3" c/o cap,, and made a nice fountain of mess in the yard,, and on himself also!

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I don't mind the degree of filth, hell I love sewage jobs $$$$$. I cleaned a fire job with a toilet that looked that bad recently. The toilet had stopped working months before the fire, but I guess the teenagers in the home didn't get the memo, because they just kept using it until it was full....We didn't clean it, cause we weren't there to clean sewer. Adjuster starting gagging when he saw it. I I just grew to hate carpet cleaning as a whole. Part of it is the attitude of some folks, part of it was the change in peoples spending habits when the economy tanked several years ago, and as much as I hate to say it, part of it is the general perception the public has of the industry. Not that I care really what people think of me as long as I'm putting checks in the bank, but for the money, it just took too much time and too many resources away from our restoration efforts. We'd book a week solid of carpet cleaning then get slammed with DR work and have to cancel the carpet cleaning and re-schedule, it was just a hassle. Being a contractor by trade, I just like the restoration side so much more. Plus it pays a hell of a lot better. We still clean for a handful of customers that have been with us for 10-15 years, but they understand that we may have to re-schedule them if we are busy on the restoration side. We give the vast majority of our carpet cleaning to Lyman. Lyman does awesome work and I trust him. I still keep a full page YP ad in the carpet cleaning section so we get lots of calls, but it's main purpose is for water damage. Most CC calls go to Lyman.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was just giving you.....shit. :confusedd:

Carpet cleaning is only about 10% of what we do BUT this is still where the majority of our residential clients come from. Do a good job carpet cleaning carpet and when the have a fire or water loss they call us.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Restoration snob! :p

Hell Ed we clean up sewage backflows and don't complain. A few clothes and toys should be a problem! :winky:

If you see anything you recognize feel free to shout it out, no need to be shy. :eekk:

Sick but somebody has to do it! :neutral:

You won't see this any where else but Mikeysboard.

Fred if it's too offensive feel free to delete it.

DSCN5950_zps95c5298b.jpg

Their goes breakfast... :angry:

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I know you were Richard. No pun intended right? I'd love to get back into carpet cleaning if I didn't have to directly manage it everyday. I liked the immediate cash flow as opposed to waiting 30-60 days for my money from insurance companies, but our business has adjusted to it now. Great point about the cross marketing of services. We do still get jobs from folks we used to clean for that now know that we are a restoration company now.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom