Do new customers find you through your website?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we get them all the time (had 4 in just the last 2 weeks)

Some get it off the truck.... some just do a search..........

It has been good for us.............better then walk ups.........

Tia builds all of ours we have 4 different ones..........

She also has built 2 other cleaners web sites here in town and is in the process of working on a 3rd one........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Google

under carpet cleaner Tucson

we also come up under yahoo under the same thing

#7 on yahoo and # 7 in google

we will be changing the format and such at the beginning of the year........

Tia is going to rebuild it.......She has found another host company that she likes better.....

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
for some reason, floor care will bring up our name for vct work

people tell us that they search the web in portland and our name comes up when no one else does, got a chain of liquor stores this way

so I get calls for vct work but usually not carpet cleaning, current customers use it for contact info

Walter Bush's company, ECO Clean comes up first in the sponsored results on goggle and Rich from Mountain View Carpet Cleaning also comes up
Don't think he has been to this BB yet

how much does your wife charge for a site Jim, can she get good results with key words

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
We get a few each month and find that we convert 100% of web based enquiries.

Ours come in from searches, I was #6 on google before our last revamp and dropped back to 5 pages down but back up to second page and still climbing.

I am revamping our website again for relaunch in new year so that may drop us again.

I pay a small fee to YP online and have it linked stright through to my site and most come in through that way.

I walso have it EVERYWHERE, bus cards, invoices, all adds, thankyous, latterheads, faxes, vehicles etc you get my drift.

Works for us.

John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No, I think most just use it as a reference.

It gives them some insight as to who we are and a chance to see the other services we offer without keeping them on the phone forever.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Searching for "seattle carpet cleaning" used to bring us up on the first page, until the google crew went against their stated purpose to try wring as much money as possible from their formerly good name.

They now sell placement, and if you're not willing to pay them, someone trying to find you will get anything but you unless they type in your business name. Try it in your town; you'll only get pay-per-click directories and the others that paid to be there (unless no one is interested in your town).

The secondary problem is that google recently was so respected that other search engines just crawl google and copy their searches, so many search engines are now polluted with the same crap.

$%@*ing google! No longer worth using.

It's a racket, just like a lot of certification programs, but we're paying because in the high-tech Seattle area a significant portion of our clientele no longer use a phone book.

Al

Yes

search engines

web yellow pages

My truck

all my advertising

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Seems to be primarily search engines. Yellowpages.com doesn't bring any calls in at all. For some reason, the people often email with a request for service rather than just calling the number. I can't figure that one out. My email forwards automatically via text message to my cell phone with the request. Definitely a must.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
If you want your website to actually work in the manner it is intended, there are a few key matters that absolutely need to be observed.

First, your "Meta tag" should contain all the key words that you will want to use to create a high relevance rating for typical search criteria used by your potential customers. Second, these key words should be duplicated in the Meta tag so as to create a list of at least 500 words.

Then, and only then, should you consider spending a dime to give your site priority with the more popular search engines. Most search engines will still receive and process requests for site polling without charge.

A. wilson

Most off google searching. 2nd, off the van, 3rd off biz cards and any other marketing I do.[/img]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom