Do suppliers in your area promote the BBs?

Mikey P

Administrator
Mine sure don't.

They know that the Boards create fickle disloyal cleaners who shop mostly on line and constantly switch to new and hopefully, better products?

From what I hear, most, as in 98% of all suppliers, absolutely hate the boards and those twelve or so losers that sit on them all day complaining about not having any work.

What makes John Olsen, Forsythe, Larry Cobb and...uuh hhmm uh different?

Name
Kevin McCreary
I wont list any names, But a couple of suppliers I know of HATE you Mikey. I think its great its like a consumer rebellion. Either make stuff that works and keep up to date, or loose my business. I would rather call greenie or larry or someone 5 states away that listens to what this industry WANTS! Not what they are selling this month.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Micah Richardson is a supporting member that works for Interlink by Express Distributing in Billings. Is that close enough?? :?

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I have the Mikey's Board cards right out on the front counter and I include a card along with every bid that I do.
New startups I have are directed to the board as well to read posts and learn.

Feedback so far is that they find them helpful.

We deal with a much smaller population base in a five state area than most suppliers do in a metro area. We have less than 3.5 million people spread out over that five state area of the Dakota's, Wyoming, Montana, and N. Idaho. The few that we have that post and those that lurk I think are as high as larger areas.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

They are all nerds? :wink: Just kidding! :lol:

Actually the should be commended, they are sharp enough to realize this is the direction the industry is headed and have embraced it.

You're leaving out a few others #1 Jim Pemberton, he has a busy and thriving distributorship, he could easily find other things to do, yet he gives us a lot of his time. He also promotes the Mikeysboard in his show room and classes.

The Jon-Don twins, Steve & Bill, they actively promote the board in SFS classes.

There are probably others but those come to mind right off!

hogjowl

Idiot™
My supplier is slowly coming around. I don't think they'll ever post on the boards, and I really don't want them to, but they call me often and discuss the things we are doing on the boards.

I got a call from Mike last night. He was at Cleanco in Canada and called to ask me how I liked my 2.5 upgrade. We discussed putting 2.5 ports and hose on the next Cleanco he orders and stuff like tanks, hose , pto's and such. He's a smart guy and certainly doesn't need me to tell him what to do, but he likes hearing from someone in the trenches about what works.

The boards are having an effect on the industry, but when you really get right down to it, we still are made up of mainly BDCC's with absolutely no idea of what we're doing.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Maybe suppliers are afraid that they will become the outdated local video stores we have now.

The trend is that everything will be ordered on -line and they will go out of business.

Mikey just wants more freebies from his subliminal advertisers?

WHORE!

WISE

I was at Cleansource ALL DAY yesterday...

Rear seal (some little metal collar thing) came out and was just spinning on the shaft from the motor to blower--and producing oil like a Texas gusher! :shock: $8.45 part--but ya gotta pull the whole motor to get to it. :cry:

ANYWAY, I know Jonathon at Cleansource is a registered here, but not sure how active. I would be happy to talk to them about putting out some cards...

I did talk to another cleaner there for awhile and wrote down this web addy for him. He had two heaters in his van and lines are still freezing??? One mounted to the roof inside and a ceramic.

So, I think they would be receptive as they are a great distributor and always wanting to do what is best for the cleaner/customer. Not to mention they have the best truckmount mechanic ever born--Don...or Dr. Don as I call him.

On a side note--After talking to Don for awhile about the apparent lack of maintenance on my 421--(As in, Hey Wise, when did you change the bower and cat pump oil last; [me]--You mean, when did YOU change the oils last Dr. Don?). Well the prototype 421 I bought years ago at a deal for the feedback to HM on the prototype has held up remarkably well--very little problems at all really. Mine was like the 3rd or 4th one they made. I was expecting a nightmare of little fixes, but not so much looking back.
Anyway, I decided to make a line of truckmounts for guys like me that just can't seem to find time to do all you need to do to keep the machine in pristine shape. Introducing:

Cheap Whore Truckmounts--
You can use 'em, and abuse 'em...they just keep on suckin'! :lol:

WISE

Brian L

Name
Brian L
My closest supplier is 1.5 hours away. Murray at CCCS in Fremont. He says he doesn't have time to get online (he coaches sports), but he is going to attend MF this year.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Hey Mike,

Check with all the MB members that were there. I wrote www.mikeysboard.com in letters 6" high on the whiteboard this week at SFS. (OK, I did put another industry bulletin board above it but my editor was sitting right there looking at me!)

Island Boy

PS Plus that slacker Yeadon totally disrupted my Wednesday class by handing out Mikeysfest flyers. Could he do it on his marketing day? Nooooo ... But suffice it to say that Jon-Don actively supports and encourages our customers to learn from the bulletin boards.

Mikey P

Administrator
I know that Steve and appreciate it like you would not believe.

What I am talking about is your average Mom and Pop, Cobb's type supply house.

JON DON IS A HUGE SUPPORTER OF MIKEY'S BOARD for sure!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mikey don't go Dobs on us and start posting completely unverified %'s. While you may have heard of suppliers that are not interested in bulletin boards I haven't heard of even 1. All of the ones I know either support the idea or are unaware of their impact or are simply ambivalent to them, which in my opinion is not smart bus but that is their choice.

Ken

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Ken,

Instead of giving Mikey your well thought out consulting advice think you should be husbanding your strength for Monday. All week Brian was scribbling furiously. I finally sneaked a peek at his notebook and the title was "Things to Nail Ken About On Why He Did Not Implement Them After He Attended SFS the Last Time." I believe Brian was on his fourth page! Be afraid, very afraid ...

Island Boy

PS Actually we had a great time with Brian. He would just sit there writing away and then pop up with a gem of a comment. I seldom get intimidated but find it disconcerting when someone from Hagopians attends. You guys have truly been there- done that and I told Brian he should have been teaching the course, not me!

G

One of the suppliers from my area posts here from time to time. He'll even PM me sometimes and let me know if he can sell me something cheaper than the other guy can.

I don't know if he tells his customers about this board or not. Maybe?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Do suppliers in your area promote the BBs?

Nope... but thats probably why they still sell junk chems that re-soil in about 2 weeks. But most all of my suppliers are on line here anyway... The only things I buy locally are gasoline, floor finish, neutral cleaner stripper & buffing/stripping pads.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I look forward to it Steve and hopefully Brian and I won't get caught up in the why didn't I/him/we and just start doing. Hope to send Dave back again when he is able to go.

I know the second time I attended I got more out of it and it was also revamped with some guy doing the second day. I never saw him cause he was too short but he had a lot of good things to say~ except when he was referring to you.

Ken

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
supplier

Thanks Josh. I'm an Interlink Supplier who does nothing but promote this board. It's an easy way for my customers get good knowledge and support from other cleaners. People will shop where they want to shop, I'm here for help and to help.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I don't do much walk in buying from distributors. The nearest is in Nashville, 140 miles. I've noticed that they feign ignorance of things they don't sell....like replacement two gallon jugs for our HF and Spraymasters, or better solution hoses.

I'm sure it's in their best interest to at least lurk here.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Yes. Express distributing is the best supplier in the whole world. Even though they ruthlessly make fun of me calling me, "The chick magnet" behind my back.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Al and Mike at JonDon here in St.Louis let me put MB cards out on the counter. In fact they welcome it.

They also told me last Thursday, they will be shipping out of their new location.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
Mine sure don't.

They know that the Boards create fickle disloyal cleaners who shop mostly on line and constantly switch to new and hopefully, better products?

From what I hear, most, as in 98% of all suppliers, absolutely hate the boards and those twelve or so losers that sit on them all day complaining about not having any work.

I think one of the things that they are afraid of is their cleaners switching suppliers on them. Express doesn't have to be afraid. There is nobody on these boards that could pull me away from express. And if they happen to have a product that I can't live without, I'm sure express will start carrying it. It's that simple. Design your business in a way that nobody can take your customers, and you don't have to worry about turning them onto a bulletin board.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom