Do the new blowers really need that little filter in the cap?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I contacted gardner Denver on getting these brass filters. I can’t find them anywhere

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Real mechanics don't use crescent wrenches. Stuffing a piece of foam in there instead of the original piece doesn't seem very smart. I'm sure you or your repair depot can order the right part.
Hey Douchebag! I'm trying to get the original part to put back in the cap and it's not possible. Both MoronJondon and another Gardner Denver supplier are telling me that they don't supply that part to put in the fill cap. So I told JD to send me the whole cap assembly with it inside. JD wants $100 for each FKIN cap!
Another frustrating fact: Tech"support" at JD told me that I'm the first guy he's ever talked to who is trying to order that breather stone. Then he went on to say it might be my fault with the blower shooting out the oil seal, not the breather stone, even though I couldn't blow through the cap with the stone in in 600hrs ago WTF? Either the dickhead is lying or he's just an idiot that JD put to answer the phone.

I'm in the process of contacting GD directly today to find out WTH it's impossible to get that stone

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
All he needs is a piece of 3M fiber pad in there for cripes sakes I don't know what the issue is whether it's a breather stone or the fiber pad, it's just there to keep it from splashing out , and a fiber pad as far less likely the plug than the breather stone

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
What Jim said. If that doesn't work $100 for a screw on fix beats seal replacement.

All he needs is a piece of 3M fiber pad in there for cripes sakes I don't know what the issue is whether it's a breather stone or the fiber pad, it's just there to keep it from splashing out , and a fiber pad as far less likely the plug than the breather stone
I used a piece of that as an air cleaner for an air compressor intake, but I knew air passing through would keep it from melting into a glob of solid plastic.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I like to replace with original parts. It seems prochem made the decision to put this type of breather cap on the blower, because my conversation with GD this morning informed me that they put just a hex plug in that hole.

I got in touch with CleanSource in Columbia and they’ve been replacing that overpriced part with a grainger breather cap they’ve been using for over 6 years with no problems. I ordered 2 of them and I’ll show the part number and pic as soon as it gets here.

I’m still waiting on JD to send the oil seal after a week they said it was shipped. The tech support has failed. First the local svc Dept almost ruined my Everest, the truckmount sales sold me a lemon several years ago, their soap sales Dept calls me monthly, harassing me to buy soap. All three departments are a joke. This company is a joke. The only reason I kept ordering was their tech Dept. No reason to stay with that company. I’m burning that bridge

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Can some of you geniuses explain why the Judson C-4 doesn't even have breathers on it's GD TI408 blower?

I'm not gonna buy a Judson, I just want to know what helps that setup stay cooler to not need one. Pull up the video on it and you'll clearly see it just has the hex plug

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My thinking is these blowers are designed to have a life of over 25k hrs with no major overhaul. Why are we seeing breakdowns like this in under 4k hrs? There's a flaw in how these machines are designed and these arrogant "engineers" are too proud to admit it or too cheap to hire a REAL engineer to design one.

My $33k Everest has been down now for over a week from this little seal not arriving from Illinois, thanks to JD, and I've completed another order from a company in Atlanta, which told me the seal will be coming from the GD plant in ILLINIOS!

FredC

Village Idiot
My thinking is occasionally seals fail.....and aren't necessarily a design flaw of the machine. Do you know of others with the same issue?

The vent is just another safeguard. Likely put there because of the expectation of increased heat in the compact design or possibly in response to issues (in this machine or ones prior). It isn't like GD doesn't have breather vents for blowers but most blowers are used in industrial applications in relatively open areas without other heat generating components (or at least considerably less heat).

Judsons are an open design with a completely separate heating system.

The fact that you could easily blow through your vent and were using foam leads me to believe it wasn't a factor in your seal failure

Edit: not sure if they could have got you fixed up or had the part but you have a blower sales/repair place about 45 minutes from you

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This is what CleanSource in Columbia has been putting on the blowers for 6 years. He told me he’s seen no problems.

A pinhole breathing tube on the one with the stone or a 1/4” breathing hole on this one helping the heat escape makes more sense.

I’ll reply back to this thread 500hrs later and 1k hrs later also

image.jpg 7117DB25-502E-4403-BE6D-0CCB9ACDF25F.jpeg

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My thinking is occasionally seals fail.....and aren't necessarily a design flaw of the machine. Do you know of others with the same issue?

The vent is just another safeguard. Likely put there because of the expectation of increased heat in the compact design or possibly in response to issues (in this machine or ones prior). It isn't like GD doesn't have breather vents for blowers but most blowers are used in industrial applications in relatively open areas without other heat generating components (or at least considerably less heat).

Judsons are an open design with a completely separate heating system.

The fact that you could easily blow through your vent and were using foam leads me to believe it wasn't a factor in your seal failure

Edit: not sure if they could have got you fixed up or had the part but you have a blower sales/repair place about 45 minutes from you

Thanks for finding them.

Unfortunately, they told me I have to remove my blower and bring it to them with parts in hand and the service turn around time is 2months 😞

Reactions: FredC

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

I had to replace the oil seal in my Titan also, which has the same type of fill cap! Seems like a related issue and a common setup. I just caught it early enough when the leak was small

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So, as I still sit here, waiting on the seal to be shipped after over a week of calling to check on it. My frustration brings these thoughts about how crooked these industries are.

Let's go back before the asian cars were introduced in our marked. Your clunk of metal was made to go bad right around 100k miles. The easy way out was to go trade it in for that shiny new one.

Or carpet. Nylon was the meat of the industry. But the weasel carpet salesmen CEO's didn't like how long it lasted (30+years). So polyester is now the overpriced leader and you're lucky if you get 7 years out of it.

Or household appliances: Ovens, refrigerators, washer and dryers. I just replaced my 6yo oven the same day bought my fancy mower last week because it was junk and not worth fixing due to the stupid high tech glass top taking forever to boil water ever since I bought it.

I'm seeing the same shit with truckmounts! Just think if these asshole engineers kept the same blueprint layout with the 405, Legend design and just put the kubota, and kawasaki engine and upgraded blower on it. But no, it lasted too long, sales were probably lower than desired. They love a 3khr turn around on us selling our units to buy that Fking spaceship looking thing with the glorious neon lights. Don't get me started on Hydramaster. They love plastic and kicking the can down the road when a recall is discovered. It's a must to get rid of it around 3khrs.

So as I'm waiting patiently for the oil seal to arrive from 2 different companies. I know these salesmen love being backed up with tm sales.

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
So, as I still sit here, waiting on the seal to be shipped after over a week of calling to check on it. My frustration brings these thoughts about how crooked these industries are.

Let's go back before the asian cars were introduced in our marked. Your clunk of metal was made to go bad right around 100k miles. The easy way out was to go trade it in for that shiny new one.

Or carpet. Nylon was the meat of the industry. But the weasel carpet salesmen CEO's didn't like how long it lasted (30+years). So polyester is now the overpriced leader and you're lucky if you get 7 years out of it.

Or household appliances: Ovens, refrigerators, washer and dryers. I just replaced my 6yo oven the same day bought my fancy mower last week because it was junk and not worth fixing due to the stupid high tech glass top taking forever to boil water ever since I bought it.

I'm seeing the same shit with truckmounts! Just think if these asshole engineers kept the same blueprint layout with the 405, Legend design and just put the kubota, and kawasaki engine and upgraded blower on it. But no, it lasted too long, sales were probably lower than desired. They love a 3khr turn around on us selling our units to buy that Fking spaceship looking thing with the glorious neon lights. Don't get me started on Hydramaster. They love plastic and kicking the can down the road when a recall is discovered. It's a must to get rid of it around 3khrs.

So as I'm waiting patiently for the oil seal to arrive from 2 different companies. I know these salesmen love being backed up with tm sales.

If you have a headache after all that, try a salted apple for pressure relief

• Love
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom