Do you ask the homeowner to prevac???

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I didn't mean to be.

I prevac because I'm a diaper spinner in my area.

When I had my TM, I didn't prevac ever. I would just clean out my inline filter more often than others who did prevac.

I never had buildup in my waste tank, I never had issues with wicking or resoiling.....I just never saw the point in the extra step.

I can remove mud just as well as dry dirt....Might take a bit more but that's what heat, CFMs and PSI are for.

I didn't spend $17,000 on a unit so I would have to prevac.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
lance said:
I have the same vac as Ron has. It is powerful and I love the clear canister. But it is heavy, especially when you compare it to a regular bag vac (sanitaire, eureka, etc

How much does it weigh? There isn't much info available.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Ok, after reading all of this, I must have missed something. :shock: What kind of vacuum do you use Ron?? :oops: Where did you get it and how much is it?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thats the site.
$330 new, best to spend some extra filters and brushes.
Dont know how much it weighs, heavier than my Sebo, lighter than the Whittaker.

The thread isn't so much about any specific vacuum, more about the importance of not just giving vacuuming lip service before cleaning. I could post pics every day, but the point is that many cleaners rely on the homeowner to prevac and they don't realize just how ineffective that is. Yes a TM will remove a portion of it, but it works much better once the majority of dry particulate is removed. Hair is a real btch to remove wet.

Now why are you snippity about this topic Bob??

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bob Foster said:
You need to wear a helmet all day if you keep reading this crap.

YAY!

Crank-Yankers-03.jpg

dday

Ron Werner said:
The thread isn't so much about any specific vacuum, more about the importance of not just giving vacuuming lip service before cleaning.

Ron, do you pre-scrub with a CRB before you extract, or do you go from vacuum to pre-spray to extract?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ron Werner said:
The thread is more about the importance of not just giving vacuuming lip service before cleaning.

I am in.
Where can we buy that lip service Ron?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Ron Werner":invrrqcn]
The thread is more about the importance of not just giving vacuuming lip service before cleaning.

I am in.
Where can we buy that lip service Ron?[/quote:invrrqcn]
Can buy it anywhere, all you need to do is wrap your lips around any decent looking vacuum you can find

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah but when the home owner moves their furniture, THEY SHOULD WANT TO VACUUM BETTER I mean we all know how it is, the crap under couches, chairs, beds...etc...

I am to chicken shit to say "HEY I TOLD YOU TO VAC 1ST WTF????" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So i vac it.....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I solve that issue by moving the furniture myself. complete package.
Sliders, lift buddy and sticky tabs make moving furniture so much more enjoyable. Hard to imagine what I was doing before!!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
lift buddy rocks.

i to am going to skip buying my annual new Dyson and try 1 of these ClearTrak's. if it is heavier, my wife wont use it. but for resi i do the vacuuming so i can use it there.

tx for the info Ron & Lance :!: :mrgreen:

lance

You're very welcome Derek.

The secret to using the Cleartrak is to make sure it is at the right height for the carpet (it has three settings, experiment with them all) and don't try to man-handle it around the room. Use long strokes and walk with it forward and backward. It is more powerful than most vacs so even though you go slower you pick up a lot of dirt and hair so you don't have to keep going over the same area 3 or 4 times.

Once you see how much stuff is in the canister you will be very happy using it. It is also built very well and will last you a long time.

Take some pictures of your results and post them up. Good luck. shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom