do you carry a handgun on the job?

how many carry a handgun on the job?

• Total voters

Rex Tyus

No. Not that I wouldn't or think anything is wrong with it. I haven't felt the need in my area. It is a small town.

TimP

My father in-law used to carry one. But he was in the woods mostly putting up fence out in the elements of this area with snakes and all so he had a reason to carry it. Anyway....this is a true story now. We had a job to do on a naval base, really a coast guard place but they had navy stuff going on there too. We were putting fence in at this base and they do an vehicle search with mirrors and all. Well as the guys where checking he moved the gun from the front to the back and they never even knew. It scared the hell out of him and it was an honest mistake if he had thought about it before he went he would of taken it out. Since that first day of that job he's left the gun at home....he only needed it for dangerous wildlife and had rarely used it. Anyways I was with him and it freaked me out.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
everyday and night.

Was spreading salt last night at huge apartment complex in a ok neighborhood. At 2am in the morning its needed.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Not yet but I will be as soon as I get my concealed carry permit. Probably after the first of the year.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I do a lot of night work and have been thinking about it

I kind of go through diffferent senerios where I leave my keys and wallet inside a building or lock it up in my truck in case I get approached because I don't think I would give some one my wallet even if they put a gun in my face

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I would not want to carry a gun. I am afraid I would shoot someone for not using their turn signals.

John Buxton

Always, you know me Larry a 380 Keltec with a crimson trace laser sight. Unless I go to the ghettos then its a Kimber 45 and the Keltec.

Just bought a sweet Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 for $600! Gonna start shootin clays next spring.

G

I say it is ok; but I will neither confirm or denie that I do pack heat. Come try to rob me at a job and find out!

And I think I am Clint Eastwood too; The question is do ya feel lucky?? :roll: :lol:

Mike Draper

Kahr pm-9. Only 2-3 times a year when I clean very late at a certain restaurant that has been robbed before.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John Buxton said:
Gonna start shootin clays next spring.

that's big fun, Buck.

I haven't been a regular in years and years, but really enjoyed skeet and sporting clays when my son and I were in to it.
Trap was OK, but skeet and SC was my fav

..L.T.A.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
While I do have guns... I have to ask who really "needs" one? I'd destroy the average thug or crackhead if he tried to rob me. 170 lbs doesnt sound like a whole lot.... At least not until it jumps up & down on you a few times.

A 4" pocket knife is all I pack. With my temperment... That's plenty.

I think carrying a gun on a job will probably cause more problems than anything. I think all you guys that are packing heat to work are hilarious.

gary mackay

Required in socal but small & is hidden in velcro next to seat belt. The capitol of hack carpet cleaners is notorious for "cash only".

hogjowl

Idiot™
Carrying is certainly called for under some conditions, and I don't think anything of it when the time comes. However, as silly as Jeremy sounds in his post, those that carry and also take themselves too seriously are just as foolish.

You're never as prepared as your preparation suggests.

John Buxton

Another ccer here had one of his techs get shot on an apartment job in Speedway a few years ago. The druggie that shot him mistook him for another ccer. My buddy that owns it was supposed to be the one there cleaning.

You know the old sayin; Its better to have it and not need it than need it but not have it.

Name
George Valliant
No, I just carry an industrial strength can of Whip-A$$ with me every where I go. 15 + years of rug cleaning and haven't opened it yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom