Do you get a holiday rush?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
kinda weird actualy, I have it both ways where we have been slammed and then situations like the one Im in right now where your so slow you wwould about do anything to make the phone ring. I hope next week the phone rings and I can pull at least couple a few more grand out of this month.....

Able 1

Name
Keith
Sure do.. We get alot of "we want it cleaned tomorrow" this time of year, and they will get it tomorrow! I gave my guy off Wednesday(so he made plans) and cleaned 3 jobs by myself(sucked). I need to hire again soon,so that doesn't happen again.LOL

Chris A

Name
Chris
Usually yes, this year not so much, but we had a bangin October so maybe folks got their cleaning out of the way early...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We do not typically. We slow down a bit and then it can get real slow in January and Feb. We have been steady with work and some of it very good and large jobs. Just keep our fingers crossed everyday and make sure we answer the phone or return call as fast as possible (getting off the other line). We find that we will typically book the job if we can get back to them immediately. This coming week isn't entirely booked full, but pretty close and that works good for us. People call on Monday (or even today Saturday) and need it yet this week and we have a few openings for that yet.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I get a Thanksgiving rush, then a Christmas rush. Crazy man.

Always been like that for me....

Same here.....a lot of my clients started booking for the Thanksgiving/Christmas rush about a month ago to make sure they could get on the books.........

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Steady all year but not the crazy holiday rush this year. Maybe they will clean after the party, I do.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We get a Holiday rush every year. It usually starts the first week in November and we will be crazy busy up through Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving we will be steady up until about a week before Christmas when it will start slowing down. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas the jobs are smaller then the rest of the year though. Mainly people wanting to get those entertaining rooms freshened up.

I have seen over the years that it will depend on what day of the week Christmas falls on as to whether it will be busy or not the couple of days right before Christmas. I expect because Christmas is mid week that we will have a strong Saturday the 21st and that the following Monday and Tuesday will be light.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Normally yes but it's been unusually slow for carpet cleaning. ??? We have been busy with mold which is strange for the time of year. ???

Oh well as long as we're doing something!

Mikey P

Administrator
kinda weird actualy, I have it both ways where we have been slammed and then situations like the one Im in right now where your so slow you wwould about do anything to make the phone ring. I hope next week the phone rings and I can pull at least couple a few more grand out of this month.....

Jon, how do you keep track of your data base?

If and when we're that slow (knock on wood) I would be emailing or snail mailing my clients with a "Impress Your Incoming Guests" offer and maybe drop a hint that a lump of coal is all you'll get for Xmas if this keeps up..

I love you service monster.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Kinda,
Starting next week, past 2 weeks have been real slow, obviously : )
We have 5 hair Salons a Law office and a Few Resi's down for now, Church has some rooms that need attention. Might punch a guy out in BNI, you kow the usual stuff.

Did two on Thursday and was just extatic to get outta the house. They came Really Clean : )

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
This year seems a little softer and smaller jobs are the routine. Probably mainly due to people being hesitant over the Obamacare crap but could also partly because I haven't advertised all year. The week starts out with about 10 residential's booked but, by Tue or Wed all slots are filled and were trying to work in last minute jobs. Because we have landed a property mgmt gig that manages 250 properties ranging from apartments to 1/2 mil homes and another company that I posted about awhile back that has 250 town homes, duplexes and apartments it seems there is never a dull moment! Next year we will definitely be having the second truck busy.

Last edited:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
This year seems a little softer and smaller jobs are the routine. Probably mainly due to people being hesitant over the Obamacare crap but could also partly because I haven't advertised all year.

There's no question this is the reason for a slower than average season. In Washington State (one of the places where people can actually find out what Obamacare is going to cost them) the insurance commissioner is refusing to go along with the latest band-aid to the program, so those that lost their insurance are still screwed.

When millions lose their insurance and those that have insurance realize that will now be worse coverage and cost a lot more money besides, it's natural to hesitate before spending on other things.

I'll bet this will be a terrible season for retailers as well.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It gets busier at times but never a crazy rush here.
Yes,I do get the last moment desperate calls from the avowed non planners. And mostly can't do them as they usually want it done yesterday. Also traditionally they have a single 10x10 bedroom on the tenth floor downtown, which they just want "freshened up". And they do not truly appreciate our minimum charge :winky:

Beside the traditional slow down in winter it is pretty steady here.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We have never had a rush. We have been steady each year over the holidays and winters.

The new Google upset is going to make the winter interesting for us. We did not fare well.

We are up 26% gross this year and my profit is up 6%.
Two new trucks and starting to take a full salary hurt our bottom line profit.

Lefty724

Name
E
Before when I was an installer this was our slow time of year.

Now that I'm a cleaner, I'm always balls to the wall this time if year?

Guess it's easier to just have something "freshened up" than your house torn apart for new carpet and/or flooring?

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
We've had a banner mold year too Richard. Weird, but we had a hot wet summer for NY and a lot of flooding so I'm attributing it to that. But we are getting a lot of covered mold losses as well.
Normally yes but it's been unusually slow for carpet cleaning. ??? We have been busy with mold which is strange for the time of year. ???

Oh well as long as we're doing something!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Strange isn't it? We had one job that billed out more than all of last years total but most are just a couple of days. We're working a small one now and have a smallish one at a business still to start once the schedules get coordinated.

They just keep popping up. Like I said I really don't care what we do as long as we're doing something. :winky:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Rush? No, not like the rush we always have in early summer. (Military move outs and school cleanings,) However, we do see a slight increase in activity up until about a week before Christmas. Then we're normally slow until after New Years. Second week in January until around Feb 1st, things pick back up. Then they die around Mid February until sometime around April.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Thanksgiving is always the biggest, but we get a rush at Memorial Day and July 4th also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom