do you give "in home" quotes??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm reasonably sure the peeps that do in home quotes can get more money for their CCing
("IF" they're good at sales)

I'm curious though, what kind of time is devoted to selling the jobs?

How long does the "average" in-home quote take you?

Do you go out in the evening to quote them if both work during the day?

will you drive 10-15 miles or more in the evening to give an in-home quote for a 2 room and hall job in a small ranch home?

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I don't mind at all as my closing on in home quotes is darn near 100%. I can't decide if it's my boyish good looks or my sparkling personality ....

On the other hand, one of the more expensive guys around here charges $75 to do an in home estimate :shock: but deducts it off the price if they book. My balls aren't that big.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I do. I want the customer to meet me and be comfortable. Easy to sell jobs in person. I do need to raise prices though. I'm getting the "that's all" response too often.

-JB-

Name
JB
On the other hand, one of the more expensive guys around here charges $75 to do an in home estimate :shock: but deducts it off the price if they book.

That's what I do but it's only a $25 fee. Rarely a problem w/peeps that are serious about having the job done, and eliminates the price choppers.

Gotta admit though 99% booked over the phone, but the in home quotes have a waaayy better ave. tic., so am currently thinking of changing how I handle that and start offering "free" IHQ's.

The way the economy is right now I figure it's better to focus on the "bird in the hand" than the "two in the bush".

DRScrivner

I ALMOST always do an In Home Estimate THE FIRST TIME around. After that unless something changes I have the measurments, the fiber content, etc.

I can do a pretty darn accurate phone price then AND they are already comfortable with me- just lie Dirk said.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Only if requested, I'm usually dead on with phone quotes, now Steph on the other hand :roll: :lol:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Its just easier for me to do in home quotes because I am looking for long term customers.

With phone quotes you have automatically placed your company in with the coupon B&S.

But when you show up and do a walk thru then sit down and hear their needs you've become
trusted and not a fly by night op.

To me its all about building trust and value to enhance future sales with the customer.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
our direct mail postcards almost always brenda goes out seems to be larger jobs
Our newpaper is prob 50/50 booked on the phone
But will be more than happy to give a in home estimate
i think she 98% closer on those estimates
Every once in a while we hear way to much but oh well what can ya do.prob 80% on the phone bids.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Depends on the Job, We do an inspection if the client asks for it, but no for the most part, we do not
Like Mikey said, we always do for Tile & Grout as well as Comm.

Raedan

Walrus said:
Its just easier for me to do in home quotes because I am looking for long term customers.

With phone quotes you have automatically placed your company in with the coupon B&S.

But when you show up and do a walk thru then sit down and hear their needs you've become
trusted and not a fly by night op.

To me its all about building trust and value to enhance future sales with the customer.

I agree 100%. I don't do phone quotes.

Joe

JFRASER

I give free in home quotes 15 miles or less from office, and 20.00 if its father. If they book (over 15 miles) I apply it to the fuel surcharge. I get paid to drive.

I give free phone quotes over the phone and that works well because i charge per area 200sf or less over 200sf is two areas.

This helps weed out cheepos. I like to service people who respect my time and not waist it.

Al

Only if I absolutely have too, I used to do it on all the jobs, now I find it to be a huge waste of time.
I remember going out on estimates looking around chattin with the Piff's and thinking I could have been done with the whole job by now.

Now if they want the estimate we come as close as possible on the phone and firm it up when we arrive. It's still a free estimate at that point but we always get the job once we are there.

We leave enough time for upsell's and seeds are planted on the original call for selling protectant or other services.

8)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I do the inhome quotes as much as I can. If they've been referred they will book and I quote them before I start cleaning.

The Advance quotes eliminate a lot of questions and surprises, both for me and the client. A guy said he had 3 small rooms, I figured about $120 over the phone, 40cents/sf, 300sf. I get there and the one room is 320sf! Price jumps to 220!
And we've all experienced the surprise of the "mess"!

Cameron1

Ron Werner said:
I do the inhome quotes as much as I can. If they've been referred they will book and I quote them before I start cleaning.

The Advance quotes eliminate a lot of questions and surprises, both for me and the client. A guy said he had 3 small rooms, I figured about $120 over the phone, 40cents/sf, 300sf. I get there and the one room is 320sf! Price jumps to 220!

Huh?
I am confused. The other day you said you charged .50 cents per ft. Please explain

Name
George Valliant
steve said:
Any where......any time.

The ticket is always larger when I go meet and greet.

Think I'll follow Steve's lead on this. He did win a Hummer from Joe Polish.

Btw, Steve why not drop a dime and have your buddy JP dive with us in San Diego?

Cameron1

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
steve said:
Any where......any time.

The ticket is always larger when I go meet and greet.

Think I'll follow Steve's lead on this. He did win a Hummer from Joe Polish.

Btw, Steve why not drop a dime and have your buddy JP dive with us in San Diego?

I would be scared for Mr. Joe..................the boat would be gone when he came up for air.

Name
George Valliant
Yup, skydiving!

Steve, JP is always down for a good time and since you and he are bud’s please let him know he is invited to dive with us at Mytee Fest.

It will buy him some goodwill on MB and he might get some Gold and Platinum members out of the deal as well.

There’s no excuse for him not to be there unless he’s chicken? hehehe…

So, what do you say? Will you pass the message along?

Name
I'm Rick James
meAt said:
I'm reasonably sure the peeps that do in home quotes can get more money for their CCing
("IF" they're good at sales)

I'm curious though, what kind of time is devoted to selling the jobs?

How long does the "average" in-home quote take you?

Do you go out in the evening to quote them if both work during the day?

will you drive 10-15 miles or more in the evening to give an in-home quote for a 2 room and hall job in a small ranch home?

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Im curious why do you think the in home estimate can net more money than the in home walk through? As a single O/O is it better to do in house estimates? But if your a large multi truck operation it seems phone quotes work well for that situation. So it seems that there isnt going to be a single set standard across industry since companies are structured differently. Its good to hear different opinions.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
steve said:
Ron Werner said:

Huh?
I am confused. The other day you said you charged .50 cents per ft. Please explain

I did that job a couple years ago. Didn't mean to mess with you lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom