Do you guys come accross wool underlay for w/w to carpet?

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Cleaned some w/w wool carpet for a customer of mine today. She has a company that makes a lot of items out of wool such as comforters, etc but also wool underlay.
Only concern I would have with it is damp floors/moisture issues.

Terry

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I presume its processed much lik the old horse hair pads of days pass or the current synythetic horse hair pad. Being wool, it will hold moisture better than any other pad on the market. But it will breath better than most synthetics as well. If you are worried about overwetting this stuff, turn your pressue down and do plenty of dry strokes.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It's being sold to those that believe they have multiple chemical sensitivities. Pretty expensive stuff for floor sweepings.

Cleaning shouldn't be getting pad wet, eh?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Terry said:
my concern of moisture wasn't with cleaning but the use of it in surfaces susceptible to dampness.

We leave our sheep out in the rain and it doesn't seem to affect them. shiteatinggrin

Wool acts like a natural du taking up and releasing moisture all the time. Nowadays it is also used for insulation in housing so unless it is in an area where it is continually wet I would not be concerned.

roro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom