Do you have a favorite VLM tool?

Mikey P

Administrator
I sure do.

Clark's CX20.

I've got a GLS, Defender, CImex, 175 and a old style Hruby to compare it to. I wish it was the 17 inch version so I the pads would flo0p around on the side, but in spite of it's big head, this thing does an amazing job making this LOOK clean.

Combined with Glad Pads and Hot Knife it will make a believer out of any one method wonder.

and your's is?

Walt

What are Glad pads? Come to think of it, exactly what is a Clark cx20

Mikey P

Administrator
Hot Knife has a very lite ammonia meets cheap motel hand soap odor to it.

ccsop.com sells Gladiator pads. A nice thick blended material that would make a great bath robe.

Clark should offer them soon.

If only he could explain to customs why every tenth pad had opium laced into it.

Name
Nate W.
steve frasier said:
I like the 20" OP machine I won from John at Connections last year

hardly use the cimex or conqueror machine anymore

Do you encap with a fiber pad then a cotton or just pad cap with the OP machines? I'm still green on the OP and encapsulation process. However, I believe encap shouldn't be in a residential setting.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
DryMaster rotary. Fast dry, low residue.

However, I believe encap shouldn't be in a residential setting.
Exactly! I went to look at a customer complaint about another company's cleaning. She said that soon after cleaning she started coughing and found she couldn't breathe in the house. She wouldn't let the other company back in, and the other cleaner asked us to see if we could fix the problem. I was crawling around on the encapped carpet and couldn't stop coughing until I stood up and went outside. Supposedly VacAway was applied with pad machine, and this is a product I've used and thought worked pretty well for commercial cleaning. Maybe it was another product, or maybe in this case it was overapplied.

Still, it's going to be interesting to see if we can get it out well enough to satisfy a woman with two dogs and two small children.

Mikey P

Administrator
When I say VLM, I would hope you all know that I mean that in the traditional sense of the acronym.

In reality, my 2.5 Vortex leaves the carpet drier then OPing does.

But when I use 25 gallons to clean 200 feet I don't feel right about labeling it VLM.

Name
Nate W.
The Great Oz said:
DryMaster rotary. Fast dry, low residue.

However, I believe encap shouldn't be in a residential setting.
Exactly! I went to look at a customer complaint about another company's cleaning. She said that soon after cleaning she started coughing and found she couldn't breathe in the house. She wouldn't let the other company back in, and the other cleaner asked us to see if we could fix the problem. I was crawling around on the encapped carpet and couldn't stop coughing until I stood up and went outside. Supposedly VacAway was applied with pad machine, and this is a product I've used and thought worked pretty well for commercial cleaning. Maybe it was another product, or maybe in this case it was overapplied.

Still, it's going to be interesting to see if we can get it out well enough to satisfy a woman with two dogs and two small children.

I'm glad to see others that believe the same as me. Just because you can use it to clean the carpet, doesn't mean you can clean all carpets with it. What I gathered on my research is a intermittent cleaning and maintenance process.

I don't have kids, but i'd be Damned if I'd let they lay and roll around on that stuff. Like everything else, it has it's place.

Mikey P.
I know what you meant. I know you weren't talking about using it in residential setting.

Clark

Well the cleaner was not SnapEncap. Because SnapEncap is the same thing she puts on her face in the morning with out the color. Yes, that is right makeup. And the same as what she removed it with. SnapEncap is liquid makeup remover. At least the polymer and surfactant is the same.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Clark said:
Well the cleaner was not SnapEncap. Because SnapEncap is the same thing she puts on her face in the morning with out the color. Yes, that is right makeup. And the same as what she removed it with. SnapEncap is liquid makeup remover. At least the polymer and surfactant is the same.

I'm sorry, well not really but I can't help it that I've noticed some southern gals with tons of make up on and so it's not a surprise to hear that Clark has found a new use for make up remover.
Go figure !
:mrgreen:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Mikey said:
In reality, my 2.5 Vortex leaves the carpet drier then OPing does

that is so true

Do you encap with a fiber pad then a cotton or just pad cap with the OP machines?
pad cap, bone cap, encap, you got to quit confusing yourself

I still like to use the cotton pads but they don't stay on the OP machine very well. I only use it as a maintenance method between HWE on commercial accounts or in ares where a TM just can't get to

I have encapped some wool with it with the gladitor pads

Name
Nate W.
steve frasier said:
Mikey said:
In reality, my 2.5 Vortex leaves the carpet drier then OPing does

that is so true

Do you encap with a fiber pad then a cotton or just pad cap with the OP machines?
pad cap, bone cap, encap, you got to quit confusing yourself

I still like to use the cotton pads but they don't stay on the OP machine very well. I only use it as a maintenance method between HWE on commercial accounts or in ares where a TM just can't get to

I have encapped some wool with it with the gladitor pads

Thanks for the clarification. I remembered when Dusty Roberts was here and I was talking to him about encap. From what I got (maybe I wasn't listening good), you go with a fiber pad, then a cotton pad to absorb more soil. It sounded like double work, but I'm there to clean the carpet. Then I remember reading somewhere on this board about pad capping. I guess it's one of the same. :D

The Preacher

[quote="harryhides"

I'm sorry, well not really but I can't help it that I've noticed some southern gals with tons of make up on and so it's not a surprise to hear that Clark has found a new use for make up remover.
Go figure !
quote]

an old Texas pastor named J Vernon McGee said he had a woman ask him if it was a sin for women to wear make-up, he told her, he thought it was a sin for some women NOT TO!!! :mrgreen:

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Liquid-liquid extraction, also known as solvent extraction and partitioning, is a method to separate compounds based on their relative solubilities in two different immiscible liquids, usually water and an organic solvent. It is an extraction of a substance from one liquid phase into another liquid phase. Liquid-liquid extraction is a basic technique in chemical laboratories, where it is performed using a separatory funnel. This type of process is commonly performed after a chemical reaction as part of the work-up.

In other words, this is the separation of a substance from a mixture by preferentially dissolving that substance in a suitable solvent. By this process a soluble compound is usually separated from an insoluble compound

IE: HWE/RDM/AP=$$$$

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Who are you "Studebaker"?

Research the SHAMPOO method if you really want to understand eNACaPSuLATION.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom