Do you have a Fresh Tank on your truck('s)

Fresh Tank on board?

• Total voters

Ernie G

I have three trucks and no fresh water tank, but my next truck will have one. I'm replacing one of my trucks this fall.

damion68

I have one in my pickup bed. 210 gal but I only fill it when I need to. I am currently running a Chemspec 860 out of a trailer. This setup works very well for me.

Mark

DavidVB

I've had one on each truck for years too. The convenience is good but the downside is the wear on the truck. A large TM and a water tank is a lot of weight for a 1 ton. We are finding that a live garden hose reel is pretty efficient and are using the water tank less.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I could tell you's all how much EXTRA GAS you'd buy in carryin' that water around all day...day in an' day out...but you's STILL consider me the crazy ol' uncle in the corner....

so i won't bother....YES I WILL!

let's see here...200 gal of water @ 8.34 lbs/ gal x200=1668......... POUNDS?

I suppose someone smarter than me could do the math and figure out how much gas it takes ta carry that amount of waterone mile down the road times the amount of miles...day in an' day out.....not to speak of the wear an' tear on your vehicle nor the extra epence of maintain a ONE TON VAN....but I wouldn't do that....
YES I WOULD!

dumbasses all!

Raedan

No fresh water tank. I agree with Bob. Gas is too expensive as it is.And the wear on the van not worth it.

Joe

Name
steve snail
I'm guessing most of the no votes come from warm weather winter states.

Very quick set up (especially in the winter) w/on board water, time is $$$$$

TimP

I have one...mine is 85 gallons. It comes in handy not having to hook up every job. But I don't have enough for an entire day's work. But it's nice to get everything going then hook up when you got a free second. I can get about 1400 ft done on the tank sometimes. I think my next truck will have a bigger tank....hell a bigger truck for that matter. This 1 ton extended van I believe I have out grown.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I got my winter set-up time DOWN.......supply hose to the Kitchen sink....adapter....BAMM i'm on!

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Sure gas is expensive...what isn't? The look on a client's face when we explain to them that we carry our own water(after they tell us where the water hook-up is outside,since the last cleaner needed to use their water--very negative immpression) is priceless.In other words,its worth the money.

I used to know of a company that would proudly state that he' a "smart feller""we don't carry water on board,it's too heavy,cost too much,blah,blah,blah.
Then he'd turn around and pack in tons of junk in the van...what a tard.
Patrick

TimP

Marc Imbesi said:
I've never had a negative comment made about having to hook up to the clients hosebib outside, ever. I agree with Bob. Why carry the weight?

What if there is no water available??? What if the easiest way inside the home is way away from water???? It sure is nice to be able to do a job and not worry about where water is....it's not like the weight costs that much to move around unless you have huge tanks because you rely on them soley.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've gotten the surprised looks as well when I tell them I carry my own water.
They're even a bit surprised when I tell them I collect the dirty water into the truck as well!

I have places here that are on well water. In summer, a guy that has no fw tank would be turned away. If you're in city or very urban area it probably works quite well. In winter states you'll be hooking up to taps inside the house because all the outside taps are bled dry.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
never had one before in the other trucks, have one now and glad to have it or would have had to pass on a couple of jobs

it has also made some VCT jobs easier where water wasn't very accessible

Mike Draper

Feb2008005.jpg

No fresh water tank means no business where I live.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
There is always water.....

Kitchen sink
Bathroom sink
under sink supply
toilet supply
hotwater tank
laundry sink
washer supply
neighbors house

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Knock!! Knock!!! Knock!!! HI, My name is so & so! I am a pro carpet cleaner and spend all my money on conmen and carpet classes. Can I borrow some of your water to clean the house next door.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
"I've never had a negative comment made about having to hook up to the clients hosebib outside, ever."

Most homeowners,myself included,may not say something...verbally but actions speak louder than words.

Different strokes....

Rambo

We carry on own water and our customers appreciate it. Of course it cost a little more to haul it but it saves time, and I find it saves more time than the little extra gas it cost to haul it. None of the "whole house $89 special guys" haul water, that tells you something.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
tells me that they prolly go thru more brake pads an' rotors than normal......anyone know the differance in price between a ONE TON and a HALF TON set of ROTORS.......?

Rambo

Bob, I have 88000 on our GMC 2500 van and no brakes yet, hauling about 2100 lbs.,guess I am due. Had to put brakes on our Chevy van at 61000. One thing that bugs me is the Chevy dealership wanted to "turn" the brand new rotors when installing new pads and rotors. I told them no thanks. I bought the best rotors/pads I could buy, and right on the rotor box it plainly stated "do not turn the rotors/ they are ready to put on" I paid a mechanic to install them and saved over $200 on the job.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Using truck mount for over 30 years and never had a fresh water tank. About 7 of those years were in Minnesota. I have cleaned in -20 degrees and -70 degrees wind chill.

Glad to now be in California.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom