Do you have a Fresh Tank on your truck('s)

Fresh Tank on board?

• Total voters

Greenie

At least Bawb knows his place, in the corner babbling to himself.

I can just see it now, excuse me mam' could you stop doing those dishes for an hour or two while i clean your carpet?

Fortunately we didn't "need" onboard water in Cali, but there was the odd job that I was wishing I had some water onboard, in the end I think I'd have preferred the option, wouldn't have used it most days, but nice to have.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
55 gallon drum, 45psi 12 volt pump on top, small access hindged door on top, float stop mounted in tank with a 6' washing machine hose to the back of van, metal frame around bottom of tank. When I have a large job I hook up the water hose to the tank. If it is small no worrys. I can do 1000-1200 sq ft commercial with it and in some places there is no easy water hookup. The only reason I have it is for those occasions with no hookup. Half ton van and no long trips with a full tank. It works for me. :roll:

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Hey Marc...don't get your panties in a bunch dude.Besides,I may live here in the south but I'm a transplant from Washington state...I think we're doing okay with technology,not to far behind the times.Heck,it took 10 years for Starbucks to make their way down here.Anyways...I personally wouldn't go around bragging I'm from Jersey :shock: "Youz"......public schools there are awesome!

Raedan

How much time does it take to hook a hose to a hose bib? If your cleaning homes with no water maybe you need to find a new customer base.You guys make me laugh. My customers can't thank me enough when I'm done. How clean the carpet is---It's already Dry!---How soft it feels--- The $2.00 worth of water they don't G-A-S about. Or where you get it from....

Joe

Name
I'm Rick James
Mikey P said:
Do any Stanleys or Coits have freshys?

Mine didn't in any of the 90 or so trucks I saw there.

I worked for both and they dont. SS has "big Red" a 900 ft (j/k) red hose that could reach anywhere, a PITA to wrap up. There fresh water tank is only 20 gallons or so.
At the Coit in Seattle, you were lucky the vans worked and even had a garden hose. Coit here is a hugh mess.

I dont have a fresh water tank but I will when I can do it. It is nice for winter jobs and other McGyver hook ups. 99% of the time its not really an issue.

:mrgreen:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Had to turn down a $300 job today because I didn't have a fresh water tank. That just never happens. It was an office in a newer commercial office building. I guess if I got into much commercial or did large appartment complexes I would have a water tank on the truck.

Raedan

Did A commercial last week 4700 Aq.Ft. Didn't haul water there and didn't haul dirty water away. :p
Hose Bib was 2 stories down along with the APO hose. Parked on the parking garage ramp. The suite was
technically on the 4 floor.

[imgurl=:10r8s14v]
P9040012.jpg
[/imgurl:10r8s14v]
P9040016.jpg
P9040018.jpg

Joe

TimP

What an easy job....I love em that way empty and wide open.

What kind of production rate did you see doing that???

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Am I getting old or something?Didn't you have a different company name not too long ago?

Job looks good.Production rates...what did you "wand" up with?

Patrick

Raedan

Patrick, Maybe you need glasses or something..LOL... :wink:
It's All About Carpet is a new division of Raedan Cleaning Services Inc.
I decided to split the carpet cleaning off on it's own. So your not getting old I am. :x

It took me about 8 hrs. with a lunch break and two smoke breaks. Set up about .5hr. with a helper and breakdown about .75 by myself.
Pre-sprayed Grease Eraser and Grand Slam. Rinsed with All Fiber Rinse. Two Air Paths and Two standard air movers. There were 4 offices and a conference room besides the open area.

Joe

Oh and I started at 6:00 PM.

TimP

Not too bad for production single wand. Last Sat I got done 5800 ft done in 7 hrs 45 min from drive up to drive away. In about 8-9 rooms that's with set up and tear down 3 times too, and moving furniture too.

The only way we were able to get it done that fast was cause of my RX and a helper, and my helper is a very good hard working helper. But we never took a break from the machine going other than to change locations.

TimP

I was ready to leave at 6 and a half hours or so......but my helper wanted to keep going. I made him do the last room while I packed up the van and measured the rooms and all that stuff. I probably watched him work for about 15-20 minutes. It took right at an hour to finish the last room. I hope we can do the same this Saturday....think I have one more left after that and I'll be done with the whole job.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
so...you measure the rooms affer they're cleaned?
Doesn't that leave footprints on the freshly cleaned...carpet?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I REPEAT:

If done PROPERLY you should be able to move furniture...clean and Tefflon all carpet...

WITOUT ONE FOOTPRINT LEFT LEFT ON THE CARPET!

nimrods all......

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Joe, will you sporting a new van/logo for the venture? Also,no when gave you grief with "noise" cleaning that late? All fiber rinse...when I used to use that stuff...I loved the scent.
Patrick

Rambo

Joe, from the looks of the finished carpet, my guess is you have a hybrid or slot glide on your wand. Hybrid? Good job overall.

TimP

you don't see foot prints on this kind of cgd carpet or even wand marks. Plus I don't care if I do or don't even in residential. All I care about is getting it clean.....getting my check and getting out of there. If I was worried I'd rake my way out...but I don't care! It's not like it makes a difference anyway. :roll:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
TimP...you wouldn't las long in MY world........them little ol' black ladies would beat you outta town wit their porch brooms.......

TimP

bob vawter said:
TimP...you wouldn't las long in MY world........them little ol' black ladies would beat you outta town wit their porch brooms.......

It would be a blessing....I'd much rather clean and make money not working myself to death.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Steven...i tell yous a little secret!

Those little ol' black ladies are way.... WAY more smarter and more clever in their ways....than dumb old Mrs Phiff in the burbs that hasn't HAD ta struggle thru life!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You guys kill me with the fresh water arguement.
If you have one cool...it comes in handy and you can't say it doesn't...and mean it.
If you don't then you better have some hose.

If I'm going to drive up the hill 20 miles I will make sure the tank is mostly empty. If I'm going 2 miles down the road...it's full.

I don't like driving all around filled up...waste tank included but if I have to, I know I can and not worry about it.

fresh water tanks work well for apt and small jobs. I have 70 gallons and most houses I do will use more than that so unless I have to drive to get more water then the tank isn't that important on those jobs.

TimP

Even on those jobs Brian it still comes in handy cause you can get a lot done without having to hook up right away. You can wait till you have some time.... Often times I wont think I'll have enough but I wont hook up till I have to and many times I can finish w/o hooking up. But it's nice not having to always park close to water. It's not a necesity but for when you're doing places where there is no water. I find myself hooking up if it's right there but if it isn't it's so sweet being able to finish the job and not fight it.... But it's a nice luxury. And with 85 gallons it's less than 800 lbs. Not like that's gonna really hurt mpg much maybe 2-3 mpg max probably not even that. And a 1 ton carries all my equipment with ease.

Raedan

Hey Patrick,
I'm not sure when I'll change the van lettering or how. The building was inside 285 in a mostly commercial area. 17 stories. I was parked in the back on the ramp. All fiber rinse does smell good. This was a referral from our largest janitorial account.

Hey Ray,
Good guess! Hybrid.. 2" Quad Jet.
Hows the new machine working out? We need to get together..

Joe

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have been building TM's with Fresh Water Tanks integral to the unit for over 10 years.

It just makes sense to have the capability built in.

We have 100 gallons of recovery and 75 gallons of fresh water evenly distributed in the center of the van.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom