Do you mop on or spray down your grout cleaning formula?

Fred H

I tried mopping it on but the mop made the solution very dirty. and I thought that decreased cleaning ability.

I know that you have to be very careful with acids around stainless steel and that is why some people prefer the greater control , or avoidance of overspray that mopping the solution on offers.

I have been using using bridgepoint clean free to maintain tile and grout floors in restaurants it works great.

Stone Dude

I use a mop, I avoid spraying inside homes whenever I can. If the mopping solution starts to get dirty it shouldn't matter. It will still clean and you're extracting, so you should end up with the same clean surface in the end

Also, if you're using acids to clean soiled grout, try a high alkaline or a heavily concentrated neutral cleaner. Acid will etch the grout and as a result, clean it. An alkaline will do a better job if lifting the dirt from the grout

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We only use electric sprayers to apply all our pre treatments. But your question makes me think of a better way to apply to hard surface to prevent the inevitable over spraying.

S

sam miller

I generally pour pre mixed oxy blaster around use a terry towel and a grout brush to work it around then hit the line's with brush, steam the edges with a glided wand. then use my sx12 for open areas.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Mop, mop, mop :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

It will only take one time of overspray - hitting a stainless appliance, cherry wood base/cabinet, metal chair leg, freshly painted baseboard, etc. for you to find another way to do it. Way more overspray and chemical moving around on a hard surface.

Mopping also helps you determine how much build up is on the tile itself. We always use a flat mop. Mop it on then "scrub" it around to see what is coming off the tile. If it is bad, we then scrub the edges to avoid over doing the "turbo tilt".

Save yourself a negative MOT, not that I would know. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom