Do you own the best accessory a CC can have?

Mikey P

Administrator
The humble 175 revolution rotary swing polisher scrubber buffer shampooer encaper pre scrubbin post bonneting finish the job when the TM blows up wonder machine.

Do not leave home without it.

A great deal to be had right here.

Waldo and Sam Miller just bought some of these.
Clean Freak also sells a great shampoo brush that excels on loose pile carpet.

Who wants to argue that with a TM or well formulated portable, a upright vacuum cleaner, less than 6 cleaning agents and a 175, fresh breath and a people pleasing personality that even the brokest of broke dicks can make a damn good living with this basic set up.

attachment.php

oh, and a good website.​

Name
Lee Stockwell
Was my first tool over 40 years ago, never regretted it because it never goes out of style or gathers dust in the shop.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I just bought that on sale @ clean freak.com spent a grand and got a free vacuum.

It come with a block for pads in the box I got a tile brush for it too and the carpet brush and some pads and a microfiber bonnet. A little snail fan for a $100, then they threw in one of 5 gifts for spending over a $1000.

I got a royal vacuum in honor of dave. the only thing wrong with the vac is it needs bags, but cleanfreak sells those cheaper then amazon. about a buck a bag and they're huge.

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You know this carpet was in really bad shape and look what good old fashioned equipment can do, sometimes the good old basics are pretty hard to beat.
I have been mixing up my pre treatment and scrub applying it. Makes for easy wand out.
IMG_20140910_130027_614_zps990b76a0.jpg

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Damon
Pretty cool. Is that a stainless solution tank?

You know this carpet was in really bad shape and look what good old fashioned equipment can do, sometimes the good old basics are pretty hard to beat.
I have been mixing up my pre treatment and scrub applying it. Makes for easy wand out.
IMG_20140910_130027_614_zps990b76a0.jpg

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Who wants to argue that with a TM or well formulated portable, a upright vacuum cleaner, less than 6 cleaning agents and a 175, fresh breath and a people pleasing personality that even the brokest of broke dicks can make a damn good living with this basic set up.

Absolutely

Even without a rotary, but with all the other attributes mentioned, one can surely build a respectable little business, but the addition of a rotary/orbital machine and a nice assortment of pads will take your game to the next level in so many ways.

The addition of mechanical agitation using even the smallest rotary/orbital machine, in my case merely a 12 inch Oreck, to any porty hacks arsenal, will not only make up for any heat and flow limitations, but will give a superior advantage, and make most difficult job easily manageable.

Combining that with all the other various VLM methods that can be utilized (sparingly, of course) if needed simply by having 1 machine, a few different pads, and some juice, as well as the ability to finish most jobs if a HWE machine shits the bed half way through a job, should make such a machine a no-brainer to anyone who takes what they do serious.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cheap, versatile and effective tool.

Back in the day it was used on every job......but then we also pile lifted and tank vacuumed the edges too.

All for the low low price of .10 sq/ft, of course it was the late 60's. :winky:

I'm so embarrassed I was once a porty hack! :icon_redface:

State of the art at the time but might land you a malpractice suit now days! :p

Hild 175 complete with stainless steel tank & built-in heater, Hild Pile lifter, Steam Genie Maxi-Port, Pullman Holt tank vacuum, Steam Genie drag wand.

StateoftheArtCarpetCleaningEquipment1973_zpsd967727e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Yes it is one of our test housings for the dev we didn't use so I had Tim weld it up. It doesn't have a trigger to pull for solution, I just have a ball valve on bottom that I adjust and go to town.
It can hold 3 gallons but it gets kinda heavy, I have been using it for a while now and I have gotten pretty good at knowing how much to mix.
It also seems when I do it this way I end up using less Chems and get better results, 2 gallons + 2-2.5 scoops vs 8 -10 in HF sprayer, it all evens out I guess HF lasts all day so it is the same just feels like I am saving something I guess.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Keep a 17" Orbitec Brute OP on the truck. Does everything a rotary does, and better.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
All I know is that the 175 RPM floor machine and brush for the competition was not usable.

That is why we had to sub the RX-20 with a very stiff grit brush for the competition.

Larry

Name
Nate W.
Cheap, versatile and effective tool.

Back in the day it was used on every job......but then we also pile lifted and tank vacuumed the edges too.

All for the low low price of .10 sq/ft, of course it was the late 60's. :winky:

I'm so embarrassed I was once a porty hack! :icon_redface:

State of the art at the time but might land you a malpractice suit now days! :p

Hild 175 complete with stainless steel tank & built-in heater, Hild Pile lifter, Steam Genie Maxi-Port, Pullman Holt tank vacuum, Steam Genie drag wand.

StateoftheArtCarpetCleaningEquipment1973_zpsd967727e.jpg

Drag wand on the porty? And you still have the nerve to talk :bullshit: about Willy P. You have just dropped rank in my book Uncle Chavez!! :stir:

Reactions: Willy P

Mikey P

Administrator
All I know is that the 175 RPM floor machine and brush for the competition was not usable.

That is why we had to sub the RX-20 with a very stiff grit brush for the competition.

Larry

The 175 we had in Vegas would not work.

I sabotaged the torque setting on it..:icon_rolleyes:

The problem with the RX20 was the rubber splash guard was folding over at times.

Next time with a functional 175 we'll see sub 20 second runs.

Damien said he did it in 17 in Sacramento

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville

attachment.php

oh, and a good website.​

Mikey,
how do you think this compares with an upright vacuum cleaner, a well formulated portable, a heater, less than 6 cleaning agents and a 360i ??

Many times I've also used my Cimex to agitate, prior to rinse extract with either 360i or wand.

:yoda:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom