Do you "preheat" your machine ??

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think most will use propane because of the issues with HXs right?

Didn't Saphire make some really good ones lately? I think Bethal was talking about that.

I ran a propane heater with my steam genie.

When I got a White Magic HO (HX) it worked great...for a while. After about a year it just didn't seem to heat as well.

Then it would get "stuck" and would heat up to 1000 degrees just about and I thought something for sure was going to bust.

POS I know....but that's my experience.

If they made an HX that worked really well and kept working really well....that would be the way to go.

I never spent much time "pre-heating" either one of those TMs.
Just turn it on and by the time you presprayed the WM was ready. The Propane heater was right away of course.
Next job, it was ready to go.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm sure it was some kind of regulater ON the HX but I have no idea.

I'm not savvy in the mechanics area.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Admittedly coolant HX's are NOT quite as hot as machines wit the burners...
but DAMN-IT....
it's FREE...SAFE heat....no unattended flame...you don't have to worry if you HAVE enough to finish a late nit job......
and by God it's hot when you GET THERE!

and to all yous wit the pods.. solenoids...and diverter valves.......i have one word...

haha!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Absent from all the claims of heat is the water flow. Why is that? Most all truck mounts can 'attain' a reasonably high temperature, but how many can actually 'maintain' that temperature at higher flow rates?

Sorry, but I am spoiled with my Powermatic. After using a portable for 7 years, I am still ahead of the high heat and flow crowd. In my 34th year using Steam Way truck mounts.

I can't ever see myself dropping performance just for a complicated heat exchanger, even if the so called 'free heat' were really free. Make more profit with better performance cleaning better and faster.

It's nice to not fear that your competitor has the tools to out clean you.

Mike Draper

Yep, bucket test and get back with me. I clean at 2gpm and I hold about 235 at the wand on a 125' run. I ran over 225' last week and was running 215 atw. I was cleaning commercial when I ran these temps.Now that is efficient, productive cleaning.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
complicated heat exchanger
Please explain what you feel is the "complicated" part of a coolant HX......
THIS IS A BUTLER HX......
butlerHX-2.jpg

THIS IS A WM HX.....
finishedSG.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Loren Egland said:
[quote="Brian R":1ddjyiwi]With a good prespray and scrub, you don't need all that heat anyway.
Not always needed, but you should try it sometime. You might like it better.[/quote:1ddjyiwi]

I've had it and plenty of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom