Do you prevac every RE job?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Just finished vacing a three-story house, moderately-soiled frieze. Thinking I just wasted a chunk of time. Other than the two staircases and corners, I think the HOSS with SS shoes would have picked up everything I got with my vac.

Do yall prevac most jobs that you are going to RE? I'm used to prevacing every job.

Much obliged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason del Norte

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We always prevac, even if the clients says they did. We did one last month where the client claims she just had with her Kirby but we did anyway with our Walmart Hoover and she was blown away.

We removed two dust cups full, she wrote down the model and was going out to buy one for her and her mother. :lol:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Funny you said that Richard. We were cleaning for one of our property managers last year and there was a vacuum by the trash cans out at the curb that the tenants threw away because it didn't work, I called PM and ask if I could have it. I took it home and repaired the cord where their dog had chewed it into (gave it a wipe with a towel, otherwise it looked brand new) and it is the best damn vacuum cleaner I EVER had !!! lol
a wal mart special

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Yes, many renters are not the cleanest and rarely vacuum.

Various soils can build up deep in the pile which, if not vacuumed out when dry, can turn muddy and you can end up with wickback.

This is a problem in the small town where I live because most of the area on three sides have been sugar cane farms previously.

This ensures plenty of red mud, dirt and grit in the carpet as well as fertilizer residue which has come in on the shoes or as dust.

On the eastern side we are flanked by the Coral Sea, not much of a problem from there. :winky:

:yoda:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
We removed two dust cups full. :lol:

To me it's silly and redundant to prevac. I did prevac the last job today because of all the cat hair on the surface, then cleaned with the 360i and filled about a gallon of lint and crap into the filter. No vacuum cleaner is going to remove what your TM or dual 3 stage porty (what I used on the last job) and rotary with metal swoop heads will dig out.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My dc17 dyson is a beast but in the field I use a dc33 beater bar no where near as aggressive, I also use a shark navigator, pulls more then the wimpy dyson.

nov10014.jpg

That straight pack out soil at a front door filled my dc17 4x with dirt no RE will dig that out it will just make mud.

It was so packed out the carpet was like a board was soft when I was finished.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have two Sharks. They are indeed as good as a Dyson on open field vacuuming. Certainly not better, but surely as good.

The reason why I don't use my Sharks is because they aren't as versatile as the Dyson. Their edging tool is a joke compared to Dyson's, and the Shark falls over in the floor when you try to pull it along by the hose.

The Dyson is much easier to edge with, and if you're not edging, you're not vacuuming.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You definitely have to hold the shark while edging it wont stand on its own. what model Dyson's do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya I use a dc33 it has the clutch the beater bar on these aren't as aggressive as the dc17 animal model. They're a good vacuum and because of the name dyson customers are impressed.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I got a huge property management account this year for two reasons.

I use a Dyson vacuum, AND EDGE WITH IT. (for some reason, edge vacuuming almost always draws attention)

I am very good at stain removal.

Apparently, the company they used to use didn't do either.

Why wouldn't you use the backpack?
Definitely agree, if your looking for a "moment of truth" during an estimate point out under the desks/cubicles.

See marty does know how to sell, when he tries....

hogjowl

Idiot™
Why wouldn't you use the backpack?
Definitely agree, if your looking for a "moment of truth" during an estimate point out under the desks/cubicles.

See marty does know how to sell, when he tries....

You're thinking commercial. Whenever I talk about carpet cleaning, I am almost always thinking residential.

I DO use a back pack vac on commercial cleaning, but not residential.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I prefer to use the Dyson also in preference to the Shark.

Shark vac is too narrow & the motor screams at a high pitch.

Also the Shark dust cup is smaller.

So the Shark stays at home, Dyson in the van.

Most of my LARGE commercial is done with an 18" Windsor.

Except when the daily janitors vacuum. :winky:

I also agree with the above points about the Shark falling over, real PITA.

:yoda:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You're thinking commercial. Whenever I talk about carpet cleaning, I am almost always thinking residential.

I DO use a back pack vac on commercial cleaning, but not residential.

True, when you said property management i thought commercial landlord not apartments.

Yeah if you edge vacuum apartments then you are definitely a premium pig :headbang:.

steve_64

ive repaired a bissel that was left in an apartment and repaired Gennys oreck just a couple nights ago. the oreck works like new and the bags fill up fast for her. she uses it for apartment hallways and we use it home occasionally. i really like it on commercial grade. the bissel works better on cut pile.

I used to, but now almost never. Only time I vacuum is if there is visible debris. Yes vacuuming before hand makes a huge difference. I know this to be true. Maybe I would vacuum more if I had a good vacuum. My shark died on me and I haven't replaced it. I have a hoover that weighs too much. Guess I need to buy a new vacuum and use it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom