Do you recall your first attempts at low moisture/dry cleaning?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Speaking of Hilyard... When I was a little kid about 7-8 years old, my parents were living in Minnesota while my dad finished up college at the University of Minnesota. After he graduated they planned to move back to Florida. But over the winter they got a chance to rent a very nice house on Gull Lake in Brainard. Some rich guy wanted to keep his pipes from freezing so he rented the house out to my parents for a low enough price they could afford. The rich guy who owned the house was Mr. Hillyard, of the Hillyard chemical company. This would've been about 1968. I've often joked there must've been something in the wallboards or something - because look what industry I landed in.
Must have seeped into your blood. That deep action had some penetrating power.

• Haha
Reactions: encapman

randy

Name
Randy
One of the earliest low moisture machines for me was an old used Hild 175 rpm machine, with a shampoo tank and an aluminum-backed Braun shampoo brush.
I had a Hild, great unit. My first VLM attempt was HOST. I used 24 pounds of compound (two boxes) on a three level townhouse. :hopeless:I really felt like I was vacuuming up all of Virginia Beach to the sand bar. Turned out great but took me six hours. Never tried it again. Then I started using Crystal Dry and that worked much better. Many years latter I snagged two Liberators at a bankruptcy auction for $130 each and a pallet of compound for $100. I tried the method again, it had come along way but still takes way too long. I sold them for a huge profit and was happy to help load the compound into the buyers van.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom