Do you still use a land line for your business?

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I use a land line for my business but since I am an owner/op I have all calls forwarded to my cell phone. I am now thinking I am just wasting money by still having the land line ($480 a year).

Does anyone use their cell number as the only phone number for their business? If so......is that number listed in the phone book or is the phone book for land line only?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Re: Do you still use a land line?

Brian I have the same set up as you with the call forward.

I can change my cell phone number to my land line number and discontinue my land line.

But that would mean no free listing in the phone book.

And possibly affect where the number would be listed elsewhere.

If there are any other ideas listed here I might reconsider and save me the $25 land line fee.

I'll probably lose sleep over this thinking and rethinking over and over.

Bob Foster

I got rid of my residential line about 8 months ago and my wife and I each use our cell phones. I still have a business line that is at the lowest cost that I could get and all the calls to it are automatically forwarded to my cell phone.

The reason I keep the business land line is because the number by its prefix shows my customers by inference the local community and region I service and because the land line looks more established and permanent than a cell phone prefix. My land line cost me $29 per month.

When I answer my phone I say my name rather than the business name and only about 1 in 5 customers question "is this the carpet cleaning company?". I rarely miss a call so very few calls go to my voice mail. One disadvantage to the system is that calls forwarded by my land line do not identity the caller.

It works for me...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

You can get your land line number assigned to your cell phone.

But that would mean you actually change the cell number.

clean one

I have done away with my land line a couple of yrs ago. you will have to pay a one time fee to get it listed in the white pages.
But i have never done that. We have done away with our home land line last month, had that number put in my wifes cell phone. I think its called a foreign listing to have it put in the free listing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Only because the twin's don't have cell phones.

When we do buy them cell phones (maybe next year) we will cancel the land line.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

I have one main land line and I also have another landline that is my fax number.. We also have dsl at the office... The bills runs about $250 bucks a month.......... Did I mention the landlines forwared to my cell phone? yeah it sucks but I need them all. Did you know if your cell phone rings or if you dial a phone number. If someone is trying to call you they get your voicemail right away. They might not leave a message. So if im in my office i dial out on the landline sop i dont miss calls. I also have 2 cell phones i carry. One for dialing calls. they other for incoming calls. I dont want to miss shit

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

I was thinking I had only one line but I actually have two. The reason I keep the one in my house is because I have handsets all over the house and I only use a cell phone when I am in my van or car but I don't ever carry one with me. I don't want to look like a show off with my fancy ass phone. LOL

Bucey

Name
FFA?
might want to save those land lines, ijust ran in to a situatuiion where my cell is long distance form a area 10 min away. the number is listed in the phone book ad. guess how many folks are willing to dail "1"?

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a cell, but decided I am getting a land line to always have a base office. Its not alot of money per year vs what we make. To each their own though.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
So, a guy can discontinue his business line and have that number assigned to a cell phone, and pay to continue to have that number listed in the yellow and white pages?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I have both, I have my Cell with my original # From when I started my buisness in Detroit, Made it my cell # and I have a land line in my home office which I forward to my cell. you need a land line to be listed with information.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Johnny said:
So, a guy can discontinue his AT&T business line and have that number assigned to a cell phone, and pay to continue to have that number listed in the yellow and white pages?

Yes But you won't be listed under information even if you have a add in the Yellow pages. But if you're going to do it you've got to call the cell provider first don't disconect your landline before hand or you'll lose the #

Name
I'm Rick James
I dont know about you guys but I hate having my cell as the business line and answering it. People always calling when im busy with the kids, working or something like that. I am getting a land line to take back my cell phone and hiring full circle next march or april to deal with the phone answering.

I cant always answer and IMO thats not very professional, ive been lucky so far and havent lost any work from it.

Name
I'm Rick James
Your not thinking ahead. Once our "global warming" kicks into full gear, we are going to lose our ozone and get hit with solar rays and distrupt our cell service. Al Gore told me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom