Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One or more a month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I just got done reassuring my neice after a cleaner left her house smelling of butyl, d-limonene, and GKW*

She has a baby and went into the usual concerns, and ultimately the "didn't Suzuki Sickness or something like that kill John Travolta's baby?"

How often do you hear complaints about your cleaning products? Not just the panic calls like I got, but even something as mild as "How can you stand using that stuff?"

*GKW = God Know's What

R

R W

I never get complaints....but I get compliments for the scent that Proliminator "Sunshine" deodorizer leaves behind.

Wait......I got one complaint last night at a flooded basement extraction. It was a sump pump failure, and after extracting, I sprayed some Proliminator "Sunshine" heavely and my co-workers were complaining that it was too strong. Of course there were air movers pushing it around, but the basement smelled much better.

Chris A

Name
Chris
very seldom with Ultrapac LVC and heatwave, actually I get a lot of compliments on the heatwave, very lightly diluted of course.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Is this about that sausage and cheese that i ate at WF....?
thanks Merty.........................i bet hOOdidley tol ya to say that...right?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I do notice if I haven't used a product for a while I can really notice it the next time I use it

Judson Juice comes to mind

Walt

I have a very sensitive clientele and have had only one complaint that I recall. I market to this clientele and only use Planet Guard or BioKleen for normal cleaning. I get approval for all other cleaners. Most of them comment on the clean natural smell of the products.

However,

I was spraying Bac-Out on a pet spot. The crazy lady said she couldn't stand the odor and asked if it was toxic. I reassured her several times, showing her the label that it was completely natural and safe. She continued to complain and insist it couldn't be safe.

So, as she watched I sprayed several squirts in my mouth, swallowed and smiled. I'm not sure if she felt better but my point was made and she left me alone.

BTW - Bac-Out does not taste very good, but I felt fine.

G

I remember I had a complaint a few years ago about some protector I used. Solutions by steam pros stuff. Proguard FC i think it's called.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Very rare, most comment it smells clean.

When we do get a complaint on odor, it's generally commercial work. I think employees didn't know the carpet was to be cleaned or because they have nothing invested in the process.

It doesn't benefit them, so you're just a nuisance to them and they will complain about anything.

Name
Eric Valentine
Had one person complain that Judson's O2 was too strong of a smell. Her husband booked the job, and didn't tell me that she can't handle ANY type of fragrance that is strong. I was opening windows and doors like crazy trying to air out the house since she couldn't leave. She was okay after I flushed the O2 out of the carpet, and they both loved the faint orange smell that was left over. Her husband is the coworker of a friend, and asked for extra cards so he can refer me to as many people as possible.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I picked almost never as the question pertained to carpet cleaning, but I have had questions with protector (solvent based) and floor finish (also solvent based).

-JB-

Name
JB
I do notice if I haven't used a product for a while I can really notice it the next time I use it

Ah, yeah, the stuff works good but, holeee sheat! Use 2 oz. per. gal as/dir. and i can barely stand it! Gonna hafta tone that sheat down some.

TimP

My grandmother in law can't stand the smell of Judson O2.....

Everyone else seems to love the smell of everything i've used including ultrapac. I have yet to get a complaint....but most aren't going to complain unless something is really bad....at least in the rural south. We just aren't particular as you city folk!!!

G

You should do a pole on, if you smell like exhaust from a slide-in unit
are a pto unit!

Who smells from a slide-in?
versus
Who smells from a PTO?

This will never happen because you slide units.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I use deliminate in everything. I get complimented every day on how good my cleaner smells.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have only had two people complain that Judson Juice left a sweet smell. It is kind of strong. I now mix it one oz. per gallon. I wish someone would make a prespray that cleans good but has a nice light fresh smell. I tried ultra pak but it burned my lungs pretty bad.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Jim Williams said:
I have only had two people complain that Judson Juice left a sweet smell. It is kind of strong. I now mix it one oz. per gallon. I wish someone would make a prespray that cleans good but has a nice light fresh smell. I tried ultra pak but it burned my lungs pretty bad.

Add hydrocide into any prespray that has a bad smell. It is now fragrance free or VERY toned down.

Either that or by something that is fragrance free or has a very mild fragrance and add deliminate

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I get it once in a while. If I spike with too muchf dlimene it starts smelling. I've had people come out of their room asking if it's safe. 1/2 once per gallon is the limit for me. I haven't found a soapfree product that I didn't have to spike with dl.

Albert

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
JB said:

Ah, yeah, the stuff works good but, holeee sheat! Use 2 oz. per. gal as/dir. and i can barely stand it! Gonna hafta tone that sheat down some.[/quote

I really think you guys spraying d'limolene every day should at least wear a respirator. That's a solvent you are smelling, and it is going right into your lungs and then into your bloodstream. In limited use it's probably safe but it is going to catch up to you if used every day on thousands of jobs like we do.
The Grease Eraser I primarily use dosen't seem to have any odor unless I really ramp up the concentration on trashed carpets and then it is feint and not unpleasent.

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah I always thought dLime was only to be used when absolutlely neccesarry, due to residue issues.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I think any sprayed product is less offensive if you keep the

spray on the carpet. Bigger jets on injection sprayers,

using pump or electric sprayers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve Lillard said:
You should do a pole on, if you smell like exhaust from a slide-in unit
are a pto unit!

Who smells from a slide-in?
versus
Who smells from a PTO?

This will never happen because you slide units.

We should do a pole on why people won't fill out their profile.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If I don't like the smell...I won't use it...well, maybe for urine.

Our customers are mainly the ladies and you know their smellers work better than ours...esp if we are used to it.

Gotta keep it perty in them there houses and what not...lookin perty and smellin perty.

Bob on Brians computer.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yor learning Brian.....

back about a century ago...i was running a Bates Perkins Diesel machine and constantly smellt like diesel......

Back
Top Bottom