Do you tell your competitiors about the Boards?

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you concerned if your competition knows too much about you?
Do you fear them learning all the cool stuff talked about here?
Is your town to small for two Gurus?

Or..

Do you want to see every cleaner succeed and do a great job?
Do you think by participation here that they may increase their prices?
Is your city big enough for 50 Gurus?

Rex Tyus

I tell all of the cleaners in my area about this board. Can't get them to log on.

I have NO FEAR

The better cleaners perform the more likely consumers are to hire a professional service next time.

I do think participation will lead to an increase in pricing.

Fon Johnson

I don't fear my competitors. They can see my success soon enough without having to come to a bulletin board. 8)

One thing is that I have learned about keeping my mouth shut. I have lost tens of thousands by being too friendly, etc. It is nobody's business if I make ten dollars, or ten million dollars per year. :!:

Name
steve snail
Definitely #2

The higher we as oo raise the bar, the better!

Increase in prices? Rhetorical question?

Best,

Steve

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
They dont deserve to be here. I have talked to a few of them and I have tried to get them to pre-vac. They act like they know it all. One of my competitors called me today and I was explaining to him why I need a box truck. Room for my OP machine, 175 machine,host machine. His reply was I am not carrying all that crap around. If I told them I post padded a carpet they would be clueless. What can I say there are 5 AT/Vortex machines in my town using stanley steamer wands with no glides. Need i say more?

Golden Bou

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have no fear of the competition

I tell people about Mikey's BB (even had to tell the supplier who you were so he didn't throw away the business cards he got in the mail) but kind or run into the same scenario as Waldo, most of them also don't like glides, when you tell them all the tools you have they just kind of look at you crossed eyed

had one guy yell at me as I was driving away from the CAD, Hey do you ever take off all 400' of hose, clueless people

I even give the salesman crap when he is cleaning the carpet at the supplier, he thinks the RDM is the greatest think ever, he can't get the traffic lane clean and says that is the way it is

I keep telling him next time he cleans it let me know and I will show him what clean carpet looks like, he just laughs it off

I am in the process of trying to raise prices, it is a slow go but I am making strides

see a bunch of new vans pop up every spring, this year is no different, all those used vans will be repoed and back at the suppliers driveway this winter as they always are

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I tell them and they make fun of me:(
I tell as many people as possible.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Todd doesn't speak to me anymore and hates Mikey. And the other so called big guy, spends all his time at home depot, its true and he is not a cd guy either.

Scottie

I used to, but they just stare at you with that deer in the headlight look.
I would post more about my techniques and process but why should I give my competition (that does view here) tips to the edge that I have developed. :lol: Or give the local (dry guys) any ammunition that I am a (carpet soaker) that is voiding their warranties. :roll: Even though the (Certified Firms) do some of the worst work I have ever seen, and do not follow the guidelines. I am IICRC Certified and proud of it. We do things right or we don't do them at all.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I tell them.

They look at me like I have Chad's Spock ears on. They don't get it, most have heard of the boards, but they do not have the time or want to spend the time on them.

I told Mike Brummett, and he is one of few that have stayed.

There is also a former CD guy from our town that does low moisture cleaning, that occasionally comes to board.

My local distributor drops in occasionally and catches me online. He just says "Again, you're always on there", I tell him he should check it out and he has, but he is too busy to be a regular.

8)

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
No Fear

Helping other companies become better only increases the amount of people seeking professionals. If a consumer has a bad experience the next time they will just go rent that lovely Red Machine from the drugstore.

Everyone worries about their "secrets" and the competition using them. Equipment, certifications, chemicals are all just tools and can be purchased by anyone. They do not differentiate your company.

Every airline knows exactly what Southwest airlines does. Why haven't they been able to duplicate them? Using 737's and point to point flights rather than hub flying is not a secret.

The answer is not in equipment but in the people. Herb Kelleher created a culture that cannot be duplicated. The most important thing you can do as an owner is to create an environment where your people look forward to coming to work. When they are happy the customers are happy. Easier than it sounds but if Kelleher can do it with over 30,000 employees a small company should be able to do it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Thats easy to say when you want to encourage internet users to BUY FROM YOUR COMPANY!

PLEASSSSEEE!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Sure

KoKoKarpetKlown said:
Thats easy to say when you want to encourage internet users to BUY FROM YOUR COMPANY!

PLEASSSSEEE!

And I suppose you encourage customers to buy from the competitors?

Your right.

PLEASSSSEEE!

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Most of the guys around here don't speak English, I doubt they want to hear about pre vacing & fast dry times, they don't give a crap... (except Tom Meyer)

Back
Top Bottom