Do you use a cookie cutter? Or patch master Pro/other type?

Do you use these types of tools in your repairs?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a cookie cutter?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Personally, I hate them.

I picked up a second hand unit because for a while a number of years back, everyone was raving about them on ICS.

I tried it out quite a few times on scraps and never liked the results so it now makes a very handy 'mini weight' for small repairs.

And no, I won't sell it... as soon as I sell it, I'll find a better use for it :?

John

Chads

Supportive Member
I need one but plan on getting one great little tool. right along with the kool glide.

Stevea

I agree with you John, own a couple of them and just do not believe in them. I feel there are much better ways of cutting circles if that is what one is going to do.

Just my opinion, which really does not mean much.

SA

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Steve your opinion matters highly. you are respected as a professional and john is right on topic. Allot of these tools are gimmicks we all buy them one time or another. John I don't like allot of them. BUT there's is always room for new innovation. Like the Kool glide, Seamer down now and other great tools coming along.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Agreed guys, and I'm not one to squash either the innovation of these tools nor the use of them.

Like the Cookie Cutter and Patch Master, if it is the difference between someone doing or not doing the work, then go for it.

If they can get respectable results with them and was how they learnt/were taught, then more the power to them.

John

John Watson

No I don't use them now, 25 + years ago I tried 2 different type, one with the small single blade with the center pivot pin and the other had a 3 in round razor blade in it that just took a quarter turn to cut. wow was that one was dangerous.. I have better luck counting rows and making duct tape templates for a lot better looking repair.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Counting rows? Duct tape templates? Can you expand on that JW? :)

Umm - just read your post "A perfect template..." which covers my question thanks :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom