Do you use a separate vacuum for upholstery?

Bob Foster

I think uprights are crappy for doing upholstery.

For those of you that carry a separate vacuum on your truck for upholstery what make an model have you found works the best?

What kind of attachments are your favorites for doing upholstery prevac?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I used to use the tm-powered uph tool.

Now I use a Shop Vac 5.5 hp, 5 gal. Big motor, small tank. More flexible, especially with a helper. (She can vac uph while you use the upright or tm.) Saves gas and tm hours.

Works great.

There's probably a turbo brush available somewhere, but haven't needed one.

Change back from your bone at Lowe's.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
How long does it take to vacuum upholstery? It takes forever with the truck mount tool. I don't charge enough for upholstery to do it. I offer to do it if paid, otherwise they can do it. No way I can vacuum, prespray, brush, towel, extract, towel, spot, groom, dry a piece of upholstery any size for $100.00. I skip the vacuum and do the rest.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
B&BGaryC said:
How long does it take to vacuum upholstery? It takes forever with the truck mount tool. I don't charge enough for upholstery to do it. I offer to do it if paid, otherwise they can do it. No way I can vacuum, prespray, brush, towel, extract, towel, spot, groom, dry a piece of upholstery any size for $100.00. I skip the vacuum and do the rest.

Werner?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Doug Heiferman. He would be mad at me if he knew I wasn't vacuuming. I just can't get $200.00 per sofa. I can hardly get $75.00

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I use a dirt devil scorpion turbo. It's very lightweight and works great as long as you keep the small dirt cup empty.

Albert

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Lee Stockwell said:
Vacuuming upholstery is more important than on carpet. No carpet carries an "S" or "X" code.
But If you think 75 bucks is expensive you deserve to replace your sofa more frequently or sit in filth.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
They are a lot better off getting my cleaning without vacuuming than a $59 spray and suck upholstery job.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Not an issue. I vacuum a typical couch in less than ten minutes with either KR tool or Dirt Devil hand held.

On "X" code double up on vacuuming, followed up with mist of d/w/d and towels... all of it is "dry" cleaning.

John Watson

Our uprite has onboard attachments. plus we carry a Mity Mite mini canister (handiest tool for sucking edges and under and around desks when preping for encapping.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom