Do you use instagram to connect with people?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
So do you?

What's your experience? Is it worth the hassle? (for business )

Do you have an instagram that's already working for you?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We use it for our retail it’s awesome. The problem is a service is not very interesting. It’s not IG that is failing it’s the content.

Rug_Girl

Name
Alyssa Tillett
We use Instagram and have had some success with it. It's all about the hashtags, to be honest. That's how you reach new people.

A lady who works for the local news follows us and saw that our company dealt with water extraction. They ended up doing a story on our company all because of Instagram. So that was nice to have some free advertisement.

Reactions: Nomad74 and Zee

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like it because it's easy. I already have the content, so requires little extra effort.

Although because we don't have the following we do with Facebook, we don't get nearly the traction.

I put up a short video on IG last Friday and it has 23 views. Facebook has 326 views in the same time period. However since it takes so little effort I continue with IG.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I like it because it's easy. I already have the content, so requires little extra effort.

Although because we don't have the following we do with Facebook, we don't get nearly the traction.

I put up a short video on IG last Friday and it has 23 views. Facebook has 326 views in the same time period. However since it takes so little effort I continue with IG.
You should be posting on instagram and have it set up to post on Facebook automatically. When the switch happens from FB to IG you will be ready. IG is dependent on activity, that is why your not seeing anything.

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You should be posting on instagram and have it set up to post on Facebook automatically. When the switch happens from FB to IG you will be ready. IG is dependent on activity, that is why your not seeing anything.
Different audience. I know many that have Facebook but no Instagram account. Facebook is generally the oldies and Instagram the youth. We had or have a Instagram widget on or Facebook page, it didn't seem to make much difference.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Different audience. I know many that have Facebook but no Instagram account. Facebook is generally the oldies and Instagram the youth. We had or have a Instagram widget on or Facebook page, it didn't seem to make much difference.
That's what I thought 2 years ago. IG is the new horizon. Don't just look at as a age thing you might miss the train.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I am not using it for service. My point is the platforms are changing. We can’t figure out how to make dog pee sexy either. Lol
Use it for service and get back with me. :winky:

Seriously I do think it's what we are selling. Service can't compete with retail. Everyone loves new furnishings.

I agree platforms change their algorithms and suddenly what was, is no more. Instagram went from 15 second max length videos to 30 minutes. I hear they plan to extend that to hours. :eekk:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Use it for service and get back with me. :winky:

Seriously I do think it's what we are selling. Service can't compete with retail. Everyone loves new furnishings.

I agree platforms change their algorithms and suddenly what was, is no more. Instagram went from 15 second max length videos to 30 minutes. I hear they plan to extend that to hours. :eekk:

I think right now they only allow 1 minute videos in the main feed and 15 seconds in the stories.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The assistant I recently fired tried to change my business instagram password. I was notified and immediately changed everything. Ugh, disgruntled people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom