Do you vacuum all apartments.

Mike Draper

for you guys who groom all apartments to "do the job right" are you also vacuuming all apartments, behind doors, in closets, all edges and corners? Obviously this is a more important step in the cleaning process than grooming, so it would just make sense that you would never skip this step. :roll: :roll:

FYI, I pre-vacuum most apartments.

Burtz

yes sir every sq inch no reason to cheat the customer

I Werner every carpet

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike Draper said:
Obviously this is a more important step in the cleaning process than grooming, so it would just make sense that you would never skip this step.

is it "short man syndrome" that makes you so insecure, Drapes ??? :lol: :lol:

so you don't groom apts and don't vac many of them ...BFD, you're a lazy slacker HACK sometimes
!dork! :lol: :lol:

..l.T.A.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
50 percent of my business is turning empty apartments and i do not vacuum, it is the responsibilty of the house cleaners. as far as post grooming I lay down a nice pattern with the wand that I find everybody likes.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Dmreed4311 said:
50 percent of my business is turning empty apartments and i do not vacuum, it is the responsibilty of the house cleaners. as far as post grooming I lay down a nice pattern with the wand that I find everybody likes.

I'm with Dave, here. Most apartments are vac'ed when I get there, and the new tenents really like the "sawtooth" pattern......let's them know it's been cleaned. Sometimes I gotta pull out the vac, and that's when the bill goes up. Usually happens only one time with a landlord.

Lone Wolf

I have yet to be in an apartment where anybody even owned a damn vacuum. :roll: We pre-vac everything. No exceptions.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
The tenant needs to have vacuumed or the cleaning crew gets called in. They will have it vac'ed for me. I don't groom, because the next tenants know that it was cleaned. I never groom empties for that reason. If they see the wand marks, they know it was cleaned.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Not so much on the grooming unless I used the 360i (got a complaint about swirls). I do however vacuum everything. I have a big prop mgmnt company that always pre vacs before we come, however one day I was curious and vacuumed and pulled out an additional 3/4 canister of dust and hair. I dont give it the ron werner treatment but I have found to experience a cleaner overall look and way less wicking with a good prevac
I also noticed on alot of commercial retail and office most of that carpet gets a spot vacuuming at best. I cant ever imagine why the 18 yearold girl at the local video store who has a party to go to after work wouldnt do a very thorough vacuuming everynight before her shift ends :lol:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I vac but don't groom rentals or houses for sale. Wand marks camoflage wear and fading.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
You guys that vacuum apartments after the cleaning people have already done it, how much are you getting for a 2 br apt? Please don't tell me they pay you enough to spend time vacuuming?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When I had a TM I never vacuumed before cleaning....unless there was seriously chunky debris.

News Flash: Your TM has a vacuum built right into it. :shock: Hellure?

Edit: I vacuum almost every job now. If the cleaning crew has vacuumed before I get there....I may or may not depending.
OP is funny like that.

Oh, and I groom all groomable carpets.

Billy Russell

Since i've had my TM i only vac when i feel its needed! But i groom every carpet except low profiles!!!!!!!!!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
When I would bid out apartment cleaning I give them two options, a price to pre-vac, a price not to. With also the option to charge them should they not vacuum. I refused to clean apartments that weren't vacuumed.

Explaining how important the vacuuming is especially in dirty apartment for the end result, they would have their cleaning crews come in and we would follow either the day of or the next day.

Property managers worth working for have their crap together as far as coordinating the various steps to turn over their properties quickly.

GCP

rwcarpet said:
Dmreed4311 said:

I'm with Dave, here. Most apartments are vac'ed when I get there, and the new tenents really like the "sawtooth" pattern......let's them know it's been cleaned. Sometimes I gotta pull out the vac, and that's when the bill goes up. Usually happens only one time with a landlord.

exactly.....

Billy

Name
BH
sam miller said:
Only if the power is on. :idea:

Hm.... You need yours setup like us, we can vacuum even without power in building. We just run cord from Truck :mrgreen:

Mike Draper

my friend has an AT. For the amount of money he spends on fuel in a season you could easily buy a nice small honda generator and still be ahead of him by thousands. That thing burns through the fuel. :shock:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I prevac even the empty apartments, although I don't do many at all.

Got a 100' cord in the van at all times just in case.

If the power is not on I run my truckmount, plug in an extension cord and use the power that way. My truckmount is a generator as well. I can run my diesel burner and a helper can vacuum in the house at the same time.

I'm still better off this way and get the carpets cleaner and my truckmount won't burn thru as much fuel as an AT.

Billy

Name
BH
Mike Draper said:
my friend has an AT. For the amount of money he spends on fuel in a season you could easily buy a nice small honda generator and still be ahead of him by thousands. That thing burns through the fuel. :shock:

Honestly I have never been all that concerned with fuel prices even when they were at the highest in years although I am not saying I like them being high. Fuel is a mostly uncontrollable cost of doing business IMO. Therefore I charge a rate that covers it. We also haven't done many FREE estimates in years now which also controls fuel, Wear & Tear on our truck. Now Im not saying like it when I have to run my card twice at the pump because they cut it off at $100.00 & to fill up I need a little more.

What does really bother me is Tires which I just spent almost 3k thathurts on last year & the increased maintenance cost, Hose Replacement etc etc.... on the BigBearTruck.

What makes it all worth it is when the Client is HAPPY!!!

Now on a totally different subject I hate fueling my boat since it is kept at Marina where fuel is always High :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom