Do you Wand stairs?

G

Our do you go out and get your stair tool?
Me, if there not to dirty, I just wand them. A bit awkward, but much faster.
If there dirty, I take my tired old ass out to the van and get my stair tool!

How about you?

Cheers, AL

CleanEvo

I used to wand them before I had a stair tool.

Now that I have one, I realize how much better they clean with the stair tool.

Scottie

We agitate with an orbital and hand tool all stair treads and risers. Then groom with a hand held groomer. We are well known for bringing stairs back to life. 8)

Name
Kevin McCreary
I used to think only hacks used a wand on steps, until I got a highflow TI wand with glides. Now I think I can clean them better and they dry faster! I do admit you definitely look like a hack doing it!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Woo hoo, Like when I'm out ...you know cleaning the stairs.
Then pizza man comes in...yeah you know that.
The stairs and especially the nose gets wet.

But you knew that because the pizza man was there ..HA!
But anyway the cake is done.

G

Actually I feel like a hack using a wand for stairs, but today, I had some
off white berber stairs, I was using my standard agitator Slide and knew
they could come out better: So I put my Washboard Slide on and pow!
That worked great.
But still I was in a hurry, and think I will stick to using my stair tool. :oops:

John Watson

I am sorry Al, I don't do Flippen stairs, Thats what I gots a Helen for.

She loves me more since I put the glide on her stair tool a month and a half ago (Had it in the truck since last MF)

Boy she bitched to day, we did 1062 Sq of carpet, 30 stairs,373 sq of tile, and cleaned 757 sq of wood floors. 5 1/2 hrs Nice pay day

All because a carpet cleaner just did carpet and referred me, cause the owner wanted tile cleaned..

Swivel Stair tool

Swivel Stair tool and a crevice tool for the edges....I can't just use my wand when I know that I can do a much better job with the stair tool...

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I use a swivel stair tool and clean each tread from side to side to get well into the back crevice which is almost always got hair and crud in it. Then I dry vac back and forth to get the side crevice.

Extra special attention to the nose (jet straight down on it back and forth), and also extra attention to making sure you stroke the carpet on the lighter reflecting side for appearance sake.

Using a wand on stairs puts too much strain on the tech IMO, but then I am old. ...lol

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
prevac the stairs, sometimes using the crevice tool for really getting the soil out.
Prespray and agitate with the Sebo, giving it good agitation on the nose by tilting the Sebo over the edge
Use a 3' stairtool, no glide, 2x02 jets. clean the risers and over the nose as much as I can, then back down the stairs cleaning the treads.
Follow with just the vac line over the nose.

stairs are usually dry before the rest of the carpet even with using a holed glide on the floor wand

people are always amazed at how well the stairs look afterward

Scottie

Way to go Ron!!!
We agitate with a 6 inch orbital with microfiber.
It is great to see someone else who really takes pride in his work.
We are the Masters of Stairamonies. :wink:

If you go see a set of stairs a week later you will find the lip of each stair browned out if wanded because you CAN"T dry them properly with a carpet wand. No exceptions!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
White-Magic money pit said:
If you go see a set of stairs a week later you will find the lip of each stair browned out if wanded because you CAN"T dry them properly with a carpet wand. No exceptions!

Unless, of course, you go over the whole thing again with slow dry passes which you can do very easily and quickly because you are using a large tool that maximizes your truck's vacuum capabilities.

Greenie

I'm convinced flushing stairs with a high flow tool is key to better cleaning in one or two passes, and better net drying time cause you aren't saturating the backing. Also the high flow transfer more thermal energy per pass.

I agree that the "look" of cleaning a flight of stairs with a full sized wand is hackish, but the vacuum and flow can be magical not to mention the round face of the glide is excellent at extracting a round bullnose.

Mikey P

Administrator
White-Magic money pit said:

How much do you want to bet Rob does a shitty job vacuuming or not at all?

I wand steps daily and dont have any issues or call backs. PC uph tool for the tight spots.

It can and should be done IMO.

G

Mikey P said:
[quote="White-Magic money pit":386s764o]If you go see a set of stairs a week later you will find the lip of each stair browned out if wanded because you CAN"T dry them properly with a carpet wand. No exceptions!

How much do you want to bet Rob does a shitty job vacuuming or not at all?

I wand steps daily and dont have any issues or call backs. PC uph tool for the tight spots.

It can and should be done IMO.[/quote:386s764o]

Your opinion.
Vac or no vac, NOTHING beats a stair tool IMO and my 23 year observation.

steve r

i swear about 3 hours ago i typed a post and in it i made the statement some people even wand sofas but i didnt execute it because it was redundit and then comes along t.

and i didnt make the top 25 sheesh. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom