Do your customers set your prices, or do you?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
rhino1 said:
So what is an example of package pricing?

Maybe that and a thread on how you politely deal with price shoppers. I'm dirt cheap and I still get price shoppers - I'm delighted to refer to an even cheaper guy.

The simplest example of packaged pricing is what you see at the car wash - three choices, with different services in each.

Your lowest package may be traffic lanes only. Your premium package may include furniture moving and protector, and free spotter refills. Some incorporate their premium package with a maintenance system, so there are in there every 6 months.

Some packages can offer specialized services - such as a "new baby coming" package to get a home clean for the new arrival. An allergy sufferer package, with air duct cleaning and other surface cleaning. People like to buy solutions.

Here's an article on package pricing in Cleanfax from Joe - has a bit more on that since you asked.

http://www.cleanfax.com/article.asp?IndexID=6637192

Packaged pricing is a good way to get yourself to raise your prices if you only offer one set price. You'll be surprised how many will say yes.

As far as dealing with price shoppers... as you raise your prices, and market yourself as high-end, you end up filtering out the price shoppers. People call us with rug questions, rarely price questions, but most of our new business comes from referrals, and from those who read about us on our websites. So we use our education-based marketing systems as our filter to sift, sort, and screen the price shoppers.

Hope that answers your questions,

Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom