dodge sprinter?

KOOSER55

I saw one for sale and im interested in them they get decent mileage, but what is the min. amount of horsepower i should get a van????Im going to put a used slide in truck mount in it im not sure which type yet.

Becker

Name
Becker
Ask John G.

When he stopped by my house his van was loaded down, along with a huge trailer.

He was claiming an unreal MPG.

jimmyolas

i have an 07 which is 3.0 L 6 cylinder engine. It works great for me.
i get 18 to 21 mpg. power is good. I have a blue wave lots of other things in there as well.

i believe the 06 are 2.7 liter 5 cylinders. jimmy

TimP

HP doesn't matter with diesel. Diesel's are all about torque and towing. I believe the might Vortex trucks run on even a smaller engine than the sprinter......4 cyl and are similar in HP #'s. Diesels are great at pulling a lot of weight and getting good fuel economy but not great at going very fast.

KOOSER55

wow I didnt know that, I was just curious about putting the weight of the truck mount in it, im not sure which one im going to get yet but I just didnt want to get one and then it just tear the engine up because of the weight.

jimmyolas

my sprinter is governed ay 84 tops.
when i go to Europe, they do over 100 miles per hour on the freeway.I believe the sprinter payload is very impressive. can handle more weight then regular vans. even with diesel 60 cents higher per gallon i still am saving 400 to 450 per month.
march080262816x2112.jpg

lots of room too. i looked at used but could not find a good deal . a couple more thousand and i got a brand new one .100,000 mile warranty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom