Dodge van keeps stalling.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
The van stalls when you sit at a light and do not have your foot on the gas pedal. i put new plugs and wires in it. That did fix the misses. My mechanic cant look at it tommorrow. Regardless its getting fixed, but what could it be?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Fuel pump would be easy. not the fuel pump....... I thought it might be a carb adjustment. I dont think its fuel injected

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
had a truck that the fuel pump started going out and was weak..when I would stop it would die because the engine idle was not fast enough to keep it pumping enough to keep the fuel going...start it up and give it some steady gas and get the engine moving faster it would run.............

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
idle air control motor. Looks like this. Rear intake or throttle body.

idleaircontrol.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
It did it before the tuneup... it could be a vacuum Hopefully my mechanic can look at it tommorrow morning cause i need to drive in an hour to nashville to have my TM mechanic check it out. and change all the fluids.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
It'll have a problem holding an idle when it is failing. Just replaced mine on my Dodge. In stock at autozone.

idleaircontrol.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Joey, unless your truck is really old it has fuel injection. Most cars are using a throttle body because it's cheaper than direct injection, and the throttle body gets gunky. A primary reason for poor idle in Dodge and GM vans. Your mechanic should know this. You might have to take it off to clean it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i would have the mechanic look into both the fuel pump for correct pump operating specs and change the fuel filter regardless. then, i would look into dougs remedy, when it dies out at a light like that there are only a few issues that can cause that failure consistantly. the idle air control valve lets air into your engine when the throttle is closed( when your foot is not pressing down ont he gas). without it the engine would die everytime if no air is getting into the manifold to provide the correct or acceptable a2f ratio.

Name
Ron lippold
alot of dodge vans have problems with ignition control modulesthey get hot it wont start. let it cool down and they fire right up.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Does the dome light flicker when it's on? Could be a bad alternator... Had that happen. Easy Fix.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Doug that fixed it! The part was $68.00 But with my fleet discount I got it for $33.44 Thank god for Doug!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
joeynbgky said:
Doug that fixed it! The part was $68.00 But with my fleet discount I got it for $33.44 Thank god for Doug!

That little "6 cylinder"...will out last any vehichle you currently OWN... :!:

You can NOT ...kill the little bASStuRd.... 8) :D

joe harper

Name
joe harper
joeynbgky said:
Really? its only got 116,000 miles on it.

Another 100K...and it will be ..."BrOkE-IN"... :shock:

They will run on cheap GIN....& ....CRISCO oil.... :wink:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
joeynbgky said:

This is what it's all about. Happy to help.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
its funny cause i went and bought the part before i took it to my mechanic........... he said that cant be it. lol he messed with a few things and said the throttle needs adjusted. i said try this first. it worked and it was funny as hell. thanks so much

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Them damn mechanics don't know shit. Come here for your info and you won't go wrong.

ntcc

hmm this is very interesting.. I have a ford with kinda the same issue. I replaced every damned servo, sensor, and doo dad. it is really pissing me off. maybe the only thing I didnt replace might just fix it. the throttle control valve. lol I do have it in stock somewheres. thanks doug and everyone else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom