does any one know about vacuum boosters?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am thinking of getting a vacuum booster because I am tired of draging the porty up and down the stairs and always tripping over cords and hoses so I want some better distance. I am about a third of the way there as far as saving up for a tm so I am not trying to break the bank, I just need somthing that can help out till I get the tm since I should be retty busy this summer and some extra hose lenght would save me alot of time and work from dragging the porty around. any suggestions on what booster is good,prices , or if boosters really even work.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Jon;

Boosters actually do work very well.

This year there have been some significant advances in vacuum motor technology.

I am not sure if any of these new vac motors are actually used in current vac boosters.

Look for 525 to 600 air watts for a single motor booster that will work well.

Larry

Name
John LaBarbera
Mytee will be introducing a line of boosters in about a week. One is a high performance booster for the M5, 1005, 1003, and a smaller unit designed to work with lower water lift units. Each will add at least 100 CFM. The smaller unit will sell for $599.00 and the Extreme Booster will sell for $699.00. As of March 1st all of the M's, Breeze and boosters will come standard with 2" Cool Cuffs.

Ernie G

Hey John, I just took delivery of an m-5 today from greenie, any chance i can get retro-fitted with cool cuffs, all my vac hoses are cool-cuffs?

sdaws4

Just another thing to plug in. need more power? Buy a bigger machine! 600.00 would make a monthly payment on a Titan :roll:

Name
John LaBarbera
Good point, Shane. The booster isn't for everybody. However, others feel that the one time $600.00 is better than the 83 other payments.

sdaws4

26,000 at 7% x 54 months=562.68 Save 600.00 from not buying the booster and be more than 1 month ahead of the game. I just hope they work better than that inline heater :mrgreen: Sometimes you need to stop trying to make a civic a viper and just buy a viper.

Name
John LaBarbera
I was guessing on the 84 months. 54 months(4 1/2 years) and $30,384.72 Sounds like you're talking from experience. So how do you like your Titan, so far?

John

Walt

sdaws4 said:
26,000 at 7% x 54 months=562.68 Save 600.00 from not buying the booster and be more than 1 month ahead of the game. I just hope they work better than that inline heater :mrgreen: Sometimes you need to stop trying to make a civic a viper and just buy a viper.

Things are never that cheap. First you buy the machine, but find out your old van wont handle the weight, so you sell the other and buy a new one. But wait, what's a titan with out fresh water on board and hose reels? So now you have new reels, tanks and a bigger van with your new machine.

But Holy Crap this thing has a ton of suction - that 12 inch unglided wand is going to cut it, so you get a green horn.

But wait there is more, the hose that came with it isn't long enough - so there is more hose to buy.

And then you are addicted to the heat so you keep running it hot and smoke all your hoses and the cheap brass ends they came with.

So more hose, and fittings.

Oh and your gas bill just double.

And you know that isn't the half of it.

Buy a Nordic 1 or a Mytee. Use it until you have enough work for a TM and then sell it if you don't need anymore. I bet you get at least half for it. So, it will only cost you half a TM payment.

sdaws4

Yeah, this all comes form a guy who runs a big Genesis DXT practice what you preach!!! Is it me or do a lot of people on here just have hidden agendas :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom