Does anyone actually use defoamer?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I took my SUV and the porty an hour away to clean a boat load of chairs last Sunday night. In a mall(no TM).

Only thing I forgot in the van.... Defoamer! It sucked every 4 chairs, nothing but foam in the waste tank. Total waste of time.

So other than upholstery, do you use a defoamer on a daily basis? Why not just get a different pre spray? Or rinse.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I actually had to use some today with the truckmount.

Pulled the wand back and a spot about the size of a volleyball exploded into foam.

To answer the question though, no I don't use it very often, even when using the porty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SamIam

Name
sam miller
crystal defoamer chemspec my kill odor plus can cause foam issues and reduce air flow.

people who use carpet fresh that can cause foam issues too.

someone spills dish soap or hair shampoo huge foam issues so ya I carry it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Defoamer is always kept Instock. Like it was said in the previous comment. You never know when you hit the sudsy spot.

If your wands not howling suck some down.

Will Reed

Name
Will Reed
I use defoamer when needed. Most of the time it when customers use resolve or some kind of OTC cleaner to try to take out a spot and leave a ton of soap in the carpet.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Seems like I need it more now that I'm using the 360i. I think it's because I'm filling up my scum bag so much quicker now. Can't wait for the Devastator to get here...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I have never had a need to try it, but I read fabric softener is a great substitute if you find yourself without the real deal.

NJ104

Name
Juan
I use de-foamer on every job especially if I am doing a couch or a restaurant. I find the greasier the job the more foam you will produce (reminds me of fight club LOL).

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
I use de-foamer on every job especially if I am doing a couch or a restaurant. I find the greasier the job the more foam you will produce (reminds me of fight club LOL).

What are you using for prespray? In 13 years of commercial work, I only had to use defamer once---to clean up after a horrible hack with a porty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while peeing in the new tech's coffee

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Have had 4 gallons on Craigslist for 2 years @ $5, took them off last week. Gonna add a drop or 2 to my crb's sol tank every fill up...foam builds up and i can't put more sol in the tank.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
With the Porty Yes.TM, never had an issue but have used it to prevent any problems.Hit a spot of Mister Bubbles that's been spilled and you'll make sure you always carry it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
what's in defoamer?

and is it the same thing that's in fabric softner?

Reactions: GCCLee

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I keep the crystal defoamer on the truck for OTHER cleaners shampoooo. Busy homes with kids always have spilled bubble liquid, hair shampoo spills, and the do-it-your-selvers with rub doctors and Hoover Steemers. Plenty of soap to be stirred up by a high powered TM.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Most portys have 10 to 15 gl waste tanks.

Doesn't take much to turn into a huge foamy mess, especially when extracting upholstery shampoo, as I was.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom