Does anyone get a lot of business from their website???

G

I am thinking about investing in a website. However, I want to know how well it works for other carpet cleaners. Does it generate most of your business, all of it, or just a little???

Also, does anyone know of a moderately priced web designer that is familiar with the industry and knows how to produce a professional well written website? If so, please pass there name on to me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you get an internet ad with ATT yellowpages.com...they will build a website for you. You will get the id and password to work on the website, let them work on it, or pay a pro to work on it.

Plus you get advertising from them and get placed close to the top or on the top of the bigger search engines.

This what I do and I make about 30 to 40% of my business from it.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I get two or three jobs a week from mine. Not bad return for $9.95 a month.

If you have time on your hands download Yahoo sitebuilder for free and start typing. My site still needs some tweeking, but it does OK for a home made job.

If you have extra money sitting around going the professional design route may pay off. I feel like the message is more important than how spectacular the site looks.

G

your only gonna get jobs if people are looking for work to be done the website is not gonna draw anything ive had my website up for about a month and a half and i have google ad words= i email about how much i charge so in hindsight if people are looking youll probally get some but in this economy its gonna start a choke hold its nice to have a web site to let people know who you are and what you do . but its only gonna work if people are lookin.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
We book from 1-4 a week that are from the internet. Because of the economy, I've decided to quadruple my internet efforts and just forget anything else except mailing to repeats.
Over the last 2 years the ROI from our web site has been significantly higher than any other ad or marketing we've run, here is how they have ranked:

#1. Website
#2. Refferals ( from customers)
#3. Regular (30-45 days) Mailings to Repeat Customers
#4. Newsletter for Home Owners associations
#5. Referral (from another cleaner)
#6. Postcards (to prospects)
#7. Handing out cards ( I do this a LOT )
#8.Saw Truck or am following behind truck now
#9. IICRC Referral program
#10. CRI web site (only 7 jobs past year, but only $25.00)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've had 10 jobs this year attributed to the website as the source.
I've refered people to it regularly for more information.
I've had quite a few mention it as one of the sources they used to check me out.

I have started using Site Spinner to redo my website.
I might switch to rwglobal.com. They provide software to build the site, they host it for about $10CDN /mth and make sure it gets into the search engines.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am puting most of my efforts into my website and internet advertising.
I just got an email this morning from someone needing a job done.
If you guys would do me a favor and check out my website and let me know what you think, I would really appreciate it.
In return I will do the same for you if you send me a link.
I am looking for mistakes or suggestions on how to make it better.
Thanks.

http://WWW.Service1carpetcleaning.com

Oh, and then forward it to everyone in the entire world. :mrgreen:

ascrubabove

A web site is a must have! I do alot of work in a military town and the non working wives spemd alot of time on the web! Almost half of my new customers mention my site becaust they were shopping around and liked the clean simple look of my site! My wife made it with yahoo.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Got two more jobs off the website today.
I just put up some Testimonial from Angieslist.com customers and other.

Hopefully changes like this will bring anyone stopping by to ring the phone.

I think I am going to put the website in my sig.
love feedback wether it be one of you dirt bags or a custy.

okccarpetman

just got mine and have had 10 or more calls from me being googled!!!
they say they like my add n all, check mine and tell me what you think
wwwabccarpetcarellc.com, plus iam at the top of 325 others!!!!!!
if you would let me know what you think plzzzzzzzz...

james
_abc carpet care_______________________________________________
''shouldn't every cleaning be this good!!!!

america's best clean everytime.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Decent website. Not alot going on which is a good thing.
The logo sticks out but not sure in a good way... kinda looks out of place.
Overall...not bad...but what the hell do I know.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just looked at a bill.

$439.00 per month
They build and maintain a website. They own the .net I own the .com and forward it to the .net

It's about 60 clicks per month on major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Aol.
I tend to be first whenever I look me up on Google...But some have said they don't see me when they do it...different area maybe...google knows where you are searching from.

I get tons of people telling me they googled me on their phone and other. Some say Yahoo..not many from AOL.

Been the best paid advertising I have done ever.
I just opened up another area with a huge population jump and that is closer to $500.00 a month will all the other stuff.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Ron, Sooke must not be an internet savvy place. You rule on both Yahoo and Google. Your site gets mentioned in the first four spots for "carpet cleaning sooke".

Albert

gary mackay

I'm no expert on websites but I do know that even old people use it today & the books have been dead for over a year! You got to get yourself on first pages of all the search engines with your website. Got to have a website that looks professional instead of a cheap ass do it yourselfer from yahoo! Then you got to get a good SEO/Marketing company to keep you optimized & the younger they are the better, I think my guy must be about 19, only cost me $100.00 a month, much more effective than $5,000 per year of book ads. Get on every free listing there is & post an add with your website - lead people to your site. I work the crap out of craigslist & others because they get high google rankings. Craigslist gets 1st page listing on many searches except carpet cleaning your city or your city carpet cleaning or cleaners. Truckmount, steam cleaning, carpet steam cleaning, zero residue, green, natural, fast dry, quick dry, shampoo & on & on are great title keywords on a craigslist pots & other to get you on the first page from craigslist, merchant circle, adex, kiiji or several others. Always hide a keywords list like some of the above on those posts as far near the bottom as possible so competition can't find it. The keywords will get you on google search. Even if you don't have a website it is possible to get work this way if you abuse craigslist, you don't have to be a cheap ass to be on craigslist.

I'm stuck in one more book but I get most of my work from google & yahoo searches. I have 2 websites, one my SEO company manages & the other I work trying to figure out the game so I get a lot of coverage but cost expense is minute compared to other forms of ads.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Good info Gary. I also notice craigslist being high up on google. Sometimes you can use an ad just to bump others out of the way if your main site is near the top. Merchantcircle is a good one also. I'll have to check out the rest.

Albert

LeeCory

Everyone should have a website. I wouldn't say you will get ALOT of business from it, but you will get some. Plus it is another place a customer can go to look at your info, and you can have much more in a website than you can an ad.

Plus anyone can make their own since it is very easy to do, and it's cheap to host. The whole thing may only cost you about 30 a year.

For a simple carpet cleaning website there is no reason to spend money having someone do it for you when it is SO simple to do. It will also only take you 10 minutes to figure out what you need to do to optimize it for the engines.

With a little bit of effort some weekend you will be good to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom