does anyone groom after using a rotory?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Got into dibate with the my friend weather a rotory pattern or shark tooth pattern looks better on cut pile carpet. I understand the professional thing to do is groom and grooming has its merits. However I have noticed some customers like to see a pattern. I think on cut pile nylon the 360 leaves a pretty unique look. I have a shamrock green cut pile nylon in a vacant house for sale I will use rotary on tommarrow, I wonder if I should groom it out. I kinda think the 360 pattern could help hide traffic patterns

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Always Always Always

If you have to "hide traffic patterns" you may need to look into doing something different with your cleaning, Presprays etc.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I groom with a wand to get the excess moisture out and gives me an oppurtunity to inspect as I go along

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We would get a call back before the van left the drive if we didn't groom but I would qualify that statement by saying we do few rentals or apartments so we could be talking different markets, pricing and expectations.

If they don't expect you to or pay you enough to groom then I wouldn't.

Name
I'm Rick James
We groom all carpets with a grady groomer, no matter if its a nasty rental. It gives the carpet a better appearence and it DOES help dry the carpets. Jobs not done till the carpet is groomed properly.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I don't groom rentals.
I would groom a house that is on the market and charge 50% more than a rental.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Some like the patterns, some don't. That's why I ask beforing assuming to groom.

Always though when laying down SG.

Personally, I could care less about the grooming.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I have a grooming rake that I use to help reach things on the shelf in the shop..lol.

thats cause I dont clean enough carpets..if I did, I would be pissed to groom.

:lol:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Grooming after using a rotary should be mandatory.

You rotary guys are workin way too hard.

Up and down stairs w/ that heavy peice of equipment, edging and re-doing entire rooms with a wand, final grooming with a rake. All that just to make the carpets look presentable?

Geeezzz, why not just uninstall the carpets and take them back to the shop and submerge while you're at it?

Great carpet cleaners can get the same or better results in less time without the use of a rotary tool.

Great pre-sprays, proper flow, good heat and excellent recovery is all that is needed.

Guess it all boils down to technique.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom