Does anyone have a video on fringe detailing?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Without having a video, this is how we do it (most of the times): lay the rug down in a position where the fringe hangs into the wash pit.
Treat it with the appropriate chemistry for a given fringe fabric and brush it downwards away from the rug itself.
This will give good agitation and also you have a chance to unhook- unravel the messy fringes.
I always like to separate the messy tied up fringes to hang separately and "uniformly"- this makes it easier to clean them. (Time consuming /annoying work for most but I like it)
Once treatment is done we hook up the truckmount and start pressure washing (downwards again) with fresh water or slightly acidic rinse. Try not to use any fringe bleach products...

According to Lisa, the fringes are the smile of the rug- and it is true- it makes them look sooo much nicer when they are clean and bright (except of course the "teawash" type fringes).

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What's so funny about this?? Are you just one of those newbies that are trying to come on just to have your lame backlinks for google?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
After cleaning.

I have great success brushing haitian cotton cleaner on them toweling and then brushing them straight and letting them dry..

Ron K

We wash the fringe as part of the rug washing. If we ever have to post clean we use the same solution as we washed the rug and then just some gentle warm water rinse and vacuum.

Ron K

We wash the fringe as part of the rug washing. If we ever have to post clean we use the same solution as we washed the rug and then just some gentle warm water rinse and vacuum.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Dave Yoakum said:
After cleaning.

I have great success brushing haitian cotton cleaner on them toweling and then brushing them straight and letting them dry..

Dave, the Haiitian C.C. that I have been using contains a reducing bleach so I have always rinsed this out.

Have I been doing this wrong. ??

The fringes always look better prior to the rinse. thathurts

Shorty

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Be careful with Haitian cotton cleaners. They can over-whiten natural colored fringe and if not rinsed may dry the fiber to the point that it will start breaking off over the course of a few months. Some cleaners like being able to sell fringe repair, but if the customer suspects you're responsible you'll be doing the repair at your expense.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

I should have qualified prior to posting, I don't use the H.C.C for fringes, but for upholstery. :oops:

I have large folding tables that I do my fringe cleaning on, these are roto moulded tops and ideal for me.

I also have a small mechanics stool on wheels which allows me to slide along cleaning the fringe, without bending over busting my back.

"A statement after the job is just an excuse" shiteatinggrin :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom